1 (edited by Diamond 2014-06-11 14:06:16)

Topic: Epsilon Islands! - Player build PVE islands!

Idea:

How about a fresh idea with 3 Epsilon islands that are player built pve islands: A place that people can be a part of and parts of it call their own.

Construct outposts and station

Make and place PVE content area

Cash shop cosmetic things

Improvements to mining and harvesting

All players welcome to play there but may have to get there through one Beta island

I am spitballing here but the general idea is people being proud of a place that they built and doing stuff and it is not destroyable at all.  Grow economy there?

You name it, the content can be unlimited!

Possible GM moderation to prevent weird things.

Thanks for reading

Re: Epsilon Islands! - Player build PVE islands!

Sky is the limit and no idea is a bad one to add to this.

Love to hear more from people.

Think PVE, not PVP

thx

Im all for it.  If two sets of 100% safe alpha islands with infinite resources wasn't enough to keep the pvpers who quit after losing to leave...perhaps a "gamma alpha" would be a fun way to add stuff to do while building up.

You have to expect a majority of players wont do pvp in a game like this so why not cater a bit more to them?

I actually don't see why there can be some form of pve mini game style competitive land holding island thing to give pve players a place to compete in pve.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

wht pve content can player create?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-11 22:05:51)

wrong tune

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

6 (edited by Diamond 2014-06-11 22:10:20)

Annihilator wrote:

wht pve content can player create?

That is a great question. I am glad you asked.

Very vague ideas here but:

Something related to NPC spawns and or roamers, - all moderated by GM onfortuntaley have no choice on this one. Placement and other stuff, can add small upgrade packs.   who knows still developing this in my head

Something related to plants and maybe small enhancements based on things that people do in the island, thinking similar to EVE systems where players use of the system enhances the content on the island.

Outposts that could offer slight slight enhncements to manufacturing thigns, enough to make in fun

Something related to ore spawns, maybe these islans start off less than people are used to and can be enhanced to something a little more than people are used to.

Cosmetics::::    lots of cosmetic stuff, this is for cash shop, interesting buldings and other structures.

Perrhaps Steam Workshop 3DS Max models ---- wooooo like that idea.  All dev/GM approved and behind the scents approval of this and that so there are not infinite ***.

Just throwing the ideas out.  Nothing is wrong answer here, I think as long as its not pay to win.

Basically:  build an Alpha island Gamma style no PvP just everuything other than that.

ah, and i hoped you had original ideas.

make it simple: NPC factions. Sandbox / RTS AI

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

8 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-12 14:01:58)

oof

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Rage Blackout wrote:

jesus you are a ***

take you *** attitude out of my thread

The forums are the official Annihilator thought of it first zone

ridiculous

Annihilator wrote:

ah, and i hoped you had original ideas.

make it simple: NPC factions. Sandbox / RTS AI

You cant stop stupid smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

10 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-12 14:01:45)

oof

Did some spitballing along those lines here.

As far as content creation - that's a good one. This could be done point-based, so every time you create a spawn somewhere, it'll cost a few points from a pool (the size of which is determined by the difficulty level - as are the bots available in the spawn). Have players set up triggers and such for spawns and (!)story dialogs.

Maybe special beacons, that you can produce, that boosts the static spawns? Normally a 1-2 star light/assault mobs, boost to 3/4/5 star and maybe boost to mech and hmech.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

13 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-12 14:03:04)

hmm how did I miss that

thats good stuff there

Doek wrote:

Did some spitballing along those lines here.

As far as content creation - that's a good one. This could be done point-based, so every time you create a spawn somewhere, it'll cost a few points from a pool (the size of which is determined by the difficulty level - as are the bots available in the spawn). Have players set up triggers and such for spawns and (!)story dialogs.