Topic: lack of Contrast - blue-gray-blue

Is there something you can do without much work on the current engine,
to increase the contrast on blue islands a bit?

Depending on the sun-color there are situation when my robot hardly stands out from the ground/enviroment arount it, not even the sky if i rotate the camera up.

with the rather plain and washed out, low-res textures, i would love to have a cell-shading option, just to make it look less depressing.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: lack of Contrast - blue-gray-blue

lol,  I hear ya.  I've complained about this since day one.  there is no contrast, everything looks dull, hard to make out, grey.. flat, washed colours.

And yet, everytime I did say something the overwhelming response was : "Its meant to be that way"

the main problem is when a brand new player first steps out into the world.  the bot appears the same colour as the floor, so its difficult to make out.  The floor is the same colour as the buildings, so you can't make out where your going.  It just looks really bad and gives a very poor impression on the new player.

There needs to be more lights and contrasting shadows to differentiate the floor and the building and the bots themselves need to have their digital vibrance increased significanly.

and its not like as if it would be hard to fix,  if you just take a screen shot, put it into photoshop and play with the levels you can make everything look better, level adjustments are basic tools and I can't imagine it would be that hard to fix.

But no, "its meant to be that way"

Re: lack of Contrast - blue-gray-blue

They don't call it Doomhalarn for nothing.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu