Re: Gamma revamp testing

Turret AI...
can we get a kind of "script" interface that allows us to write our own defense algorithm?

put the interface bound to a central building (turret command relay) that can directly control all turrets assigned to it?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Dear Developer Zoom,

Hello!

Seriously good stuff.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

whats up with the extreme lag on PTS? i cannot seriously test the AI related stuff when there is such a long disconnect between their attacks and me taking damage.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

579 (edited by Inda 2014-08-30 11:43:17)

I have an idea:

Because we have limited acces, to builidng a defense, what if the miner towers add a bonus to the miners (regular minerals also, not just colixum), so there is some more incentives to mine on Gamma?

Why? Because more targets on Gamma.

The bonuses something like that.

standard miner tower:   +10 % to the mined amount
advanced miner tower:  +20 % ...
high tech miner tower:   +30 % ...

What do you think guys?

+ I still would like to need, a small base where you can dock in and do fittings and collect things, like a big container, because 3 terminal on Gamma isn't too much.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

I cant do any reasonable terraforming now, guys I would need a bit more tools to do at least something.

Or anybody could do something, like Proximity probe bunker/ flat places for Turrets / some nice looking wall?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda abandon any idea of using terraforming, that you had.

582 (edited by Inda 2014-08-30 18:44:49)

Ville, yes I did that, but now, I still would terraform something better, and need some more tools for it, I am ok with the slopegate, so with that would be cool some better tool. I dont want too much, just maybe a better leverer, where you can set the height or something.

I just want something, for proxy probes, Buildings, turrets settings and some better looking walls (molehills I mean, or little hills) thats all, but with this tool I cant reach not because of the slopegate, because of the tools I have.

Or another option I am too bad to do that all.

Energy to Earth!

It's called a shovel.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

584 (edited by Annihilator 2014-08-30 23:29:14)

http://i.imgur.com/TUZvAfl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rKKUH7y.jpg

something seems wrong with your base Ville... i can bomb its inner powergrid and it just doesn't forget that we are "friends".

edit:
and zoom, please try to fix that invisible attack from those turrets. there are conditions where i just cannot see that a defense turret is already shooting at me if i am not looking at my hitpoints and combat log.

My power grids down because I've been away from the server longer than the cap stable allotted time.  Mainly because of some RL stuff.

All you can eat at the Rib shack?

Perceptor wrote:

All you can eat at the Rib shack?

Car Wreck, My left side is *** up.

Some *** set the balcony above me on fire so I've been chucking buckets of water on my balcony the last two hours. Must be karma coming to get the both of us :-)

Tonnik wrote:

Some *** set the balcony above me on fire so I've been chucking buckets of water on my balcony the last two hours. Must be karma coming to get the both of us :-)

That's terrible, stay safe dude.

My loot was packaged, It is planned or something wrong with that?

I did probably a BUG, when I construct a building and at the same time deploy a concrete the building is disappear. (at Bleumon)

How I build down a buildings without you built up ?

My concretes neawr buldings seems like disappear. (at Bleumon)

Energy to Earth!

my Current point of view:

• Lag still present. the more bases are out there the worse the lag becomes. amsterdam-servers probably wont fix this.

• T1 bases still cost WAY to much effort and investment.

• T1/2 buildings are bad balanced compared to T3 - you need to put up way to much energy nodes on T3, and due to lower tiers having less connections, you need even more there. All those buildings need room, and t1's are put into reinforce mode just by an exploding heavy mech or a plasmabomb .

• Turret AI still crap. they ignore neuting/draining or plasmabomb damage rregarding their new "standing override" mechanic.

• possible bug: cycletime booster on turrets seems to do nothing. Missile turrets fire 1 missile every 7.5s regardless boosted or not (for the record, that means 2 missiles every 15seconds with variable delay between the two launchers).

• colony manager should not forget last active building plan every time i close the map accidentally.

• connecting buildings should be allowed during planning already

• let me filter that *** list of availiable buildings at the planner regarding tier.

... tbc

If I have 4 reactor and 1 energy well how it distributes energy to them? If I would have 2 energy well or 4 that changes something?

Why the turret booster is 3x3 building cant we get 1x1 because I dont want them too far each other ?

Energy to Earth!

as far as i can tell, the gathered energy from the well's is distributed to the availiable reactors.
Similar to energy nodes that have multiple outgoing connections, the fill status of the reactors will affect how much they get. (aka, if one is already full, the other one will get the share)

basicly, this means you only need another reactor, if the reactors max output per cycle is less then what the buildings connected need to be stable. Ofc, you should always have a backup in case an energy node goes into emergency phase.

one QoL feature the gamma base system is missing due to all this numbers involved, with fatal trial&error:
power grid overview. that info on the reactor seems to be based on the reactors own in-/output which is often just a snapshot of the moment, distorted if you have just connected a new building with big buffer accumulator (aura booster, batteries)

I that case why do we need reactors, they don't make energy anymore? We just need the storage medium; aka batteries.

RIP PERPETUUM

595 (edited by Annihilator 2014-09-01 17:31:29)

Celebro wrote:

I that case why do we need reactors, they don't make energy anymore? We just need the storage medium; aka batteries.

there is a difference between reactors and batteries, still.
the reactors max output is higher, and they have zero loss.

batteries are buffers that come at a cost - 30% power loss. if you put a battery in, to power your station facilities, have fun with the drain.
Also, batteries cannot be fueled with other materials.

The reactor turns mass into energy... as simple as that.
noone prevents you from charging your station with energy transfers into batteries wink

one thing i would really like to see, is a significant increase of reactors outgoing connections to reduce the number of low level backbones necessary just because a energy node cannot supply anything that needs constant power (highway, facilities, booster)

+1 to more reactor outgoing connection

Energy to Earth!

the keyword is "significant"

5-10 outgoing connections is something i am looking for a T1, given the low range and limited peak output and high bandwidth cost.

this would reduce the overall power connections in a base grid signifacantly and probably reduce the drain on server CPU

Annihilator wrote:
Celebro wrote:

So the material magically transfers through the network from well to reactor? That's rather weird.

RIP PERPETUUM

599 (edited by Annihilator 2014-09-01 20:58:02)

Celebro wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Celebro wrote:

So the material magically transfers through the network from well to reactor? That's rather weird.

how do you think do robots move from island to island? underground tunnels?
or "docking" with a terminal - its weird, right?

i would rather ask where those defense turrets get their ammo from...

DEV Zoom wrote:

Just to remind you, the main goals of this revamp are:
1. to limit building spam and consequently to make networks more manageable.
2. to limit terraforming so you can't make extremely steep walls (and wall off teleports, among other things).

point 1:
can you write that a little bit more detailed? or was your goal achieved by bandwidth limit and terminal restrictions?