Re: Bring back the Trial

Kaldenines wrote:
BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

+1

Although maybe keep them off beta/gamma, we don't want people using trial accounts as walking probes.

Though it would prevent that, It would also prevent these peeps from being able to try out beta PvP and see what PvP ingame is like.

Have you seen any 7 day old character die or get kills on beta? If so I would love to see that killmail.

Sure, you make it sound like it did not ever happen. but its not hard at all to take a day or 2 to do a few missions and buy yourself a light robot and take a shot at running solo.

Some even get into a corp and pew during their trial, I know I did http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/248879

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

27 (edited by Tedris 2014-05-06 17:40:28)

DEV Gargaj wrote:

BoyC already answered this in one of the Steam threads:

With the recent change away from the subscription model we also disabled free trials for the time being. This is because we expect a big traffic surge after the Steam launch. A free trial would make the load spike worse. Once we're confident the service is up and running properly we'll look into the option of a demo mode again.

(Sidenote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QM6LoaqEnY)

Can you provide us with a statistic of steam sales and population increase compared to pre-steam population?

Furthermore: What are the plans to increase sales? What is the plan with perp in general? Where do you see it in 1 year, 2 years , etc.?

It just seems like you are trying to max out the sales and then put it in maintenace mode.

Edit: I somehow get (even not fully) your point why you dont release a trial anytime soon. Why not release a video series of Perpetuum on your Youtube Channel, covering the Tutorial and comment it. Then a final Video of the series will show players what they can do with a full account. That way, you dont have to release a trial to drag potential customers in, you only need to show them well explained gameplay.

Such a series, if planned properly, can be done in one single day and barely costs a thing, but would provide a more in depth look at the game for interested players.

28 (edited by BandwagonX9000 2014-05-06 19:51:44)

Trial queue. If server has more than N players, trial servers cannot connect and have to sit on their own queue. There, I fixed you server capacity issue. That is if that was the reason why you didn't want trials for the time being.