Topic: Autopilot failing today ?

Having found out that you can hold down shift and click to kind of autopilot to somewhere on the minimap I have been able to get a lot more done, however today it seems to be failing dramatically and is only going so far before it stops.  Is anyone else seeing this or is it just something on my end ?

Re: Autopilot failing today ?

Scotlad wrote:

Having found out that you can hold down shift and click to kind of autopilot to somewhere on the minimap I have been able to get a lot more done, however today it seems to be failing dramatically and is only going so far before it stops.  Is anyone else seeing this or is it just something on my end ?

It's very spotty and always has been.  In my experience, the further it has to go the less chance it has to get there.  Big open spaces = best.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

key factors for it to not getting anyoed by it:
1. dont click on impassable terrain on the radar (that includes plants and buildings that are not visible on the map)
2. don't expect it to work when there are lots of other player around you.
3. don't expect it to work when you have already played several hours with jumping from island to island.
4. if you can, use autorun instead (doubletap forward or the assigned key)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

4 (edited by Shadeless 2014-04-28 12:01:18)

it's very inconsistent.

About the area's, open spaces/terrain.. Not true. e.g 1 week it worked great, the next week same area it failed each time after 3-4 seconds. Even failing on short distances.

Autopilot is a great feature and i realy hope the devs will look into it to improve/fix it..

Something got me thinking, when i returned to the game it worked at start, but after playing a few weeks it got worse and worse.. Maybe.. some cache? server side or client side. I recently started using my laptop, worked fine at start, now it's as crap as my main PC.

Shadeless wrote:

it's very inconsistent.

About the area's, open spaces/terrain.. Not true. e.g 1 week it worked great, the next week same area it failed each time after 3-4 seconds. Even failing on short distances.

Autopilot is a great feature and i realy hope the devs will look into it to improve/fix it..

Something got me thinking, when i returned to the game it worked at start, but after playing a few weeks it got worse and worse.. Maybe.. some cache? server side or client side. I recently started using my laptop, worked fine at start, now it's as crap as my main PC.

That is exactly what I am seeing today.  Last week it was working pretty well but today after a few seconds it stops which is completely useless.

Yesterday was a buggy day in general for moving. Directions seemed to be an issue for some reason.