Topic: Support drones

So as fun as multiboxing a follow alt to spam armor rep, energy, love, onto my combat...

Why not create a new slot and item, support drone.

You could supplement the loss of income from new account figuring out they need one via cash shopping various drone skins.

The way it would work is that it should have a drone EP section that's light on EP cost.

The drone would be an inventory item like any other robot, and go into a slot made available on and mech or above.

The drone could have a few slots like any other robot, with the same accumulator, life, lock times ect.

Put whatever mods you need on the drone.  Provide an innate drone support bonus based on EP spent to make them viable (they have to be better than a rivaler jacked up with support mods)

When you undock a cute little drone is now hovering over your shoulder or whatever.  It will have its own on screen layout so you can control its use.

And there...no more need for a dumbass rivaler following around your mech.

I feel like the requirement for follow bots in a lot of situations sucks...and having a support drone that does this for you, on the same account, is a much more fitting way to go about this.

I thought I remember seeing a mention that you wont be able to follow locked targets, which would render follow support bots useless...not sure if that's just crazy talk...but this would be a good way to get that effect, make some cash shop cash with stupid hats and skins for the drone ect.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

2 (edited by Nian cat 2014-03-27 20:39:52)

Re: Support drones

That's not a bad idea since it's what people are doing already with a second account.

Remote sensor boosting is kind of a must in many situations, may as well make it available to people who don't want to multibox.

Another role that is often mandatory is the role of a detector but if it were up to me i would change the way that works all together.

Adding a flying drone like this would be kind of like adding extra slots that can't be used to boost damage directly.

Would you be able to shoot down the drone or jam it?  I take it it would only boost the owner's mech?

Remote energy and repair is also always helpful.  What if those were applied and then worked over a period of time (HOTs) and you could only have one applied per bot.  That would maybe discourage the use of a caravan of supporting alts.

Re: Support drones

I want bouncer 2's.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice