Topic: Tycoon possible?

I dislike the combat model in this game (not for me, sorry), so I'll stick with industry.

Now, mining is tedious as I needed to run over 14km to find a suitable mining spot, which I needed to backtrace to sell the ore every time. Even though I made 300k per trip, it's monotonous and annoying. Maybe I was in the wrong city all the time?

Anywho, I would like to stick with manufacturing, research and production. Is it practical to do it without leaving the terminal? As one big multiplayer tycoon game? Organize with a few people, they bring the materials, I produce, provide better equipment and so on?

If so, how?

2 (edited by Cassius 2014-03-18 19:50:15)

Re: Tycoon possible?

Possible. Hint with mining: Mine into can until you have enough U to fill your hauler, drop mobile tele, return to station, come back with hauler and return to station (via tele if its still there)

Profit.

Edit:

Sequer: 80u
Lithus:  240u
Scarab: 720u

Mk2 variants carry 25% more.

Edit Edit:

Field cans cost 4000 Nic
Standard mobile Teles cost 50000 Nic, 3 minutes to charge, last 15 minutes (includes charge time)
As mentioned mineral fields randomly spawn. But if you are doing a typical mining OP finding a field out of the way, mining 20-50 mill minerals using field cans and haulers really cuts down on the overall travel time. Logically most mineral spawns closest to the starting Alpha main terminals are the first to be mined. Find your little corner away from that with a nice deposit and mine away.

Tele: price and duration?

Is running 14km normal to find a red mining spot? I am in Attensia (or something like that), maybe I should move to somewhere else?

Absolute Insanity wrote:

Tele: price and duration?

Is running 14km normal to find a red mining spot? I am in Attensia (or something like that), maybe I should move to somewhere else?

This will change as the spots get mined out and will not always be 14km to find a spot.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

5 (edited by Goffer 2014-03-18 23:42:49)

Absolute Insanity wrote:

First of all, you don't need red spot for mining. Red means you have more cycles inside one tile, not more ore per cycle. As long as you always have one ore tile prepared to switch to, if your tiles are empty you loose only 1 cycle when switching tiles. I never counted cycles, but if a yellow spot has only 50 cycles and red would have 100 cycles, you would loose 1% of ore due to switching tiles 2 times instead of 1 time per 100 cycles.

14km is far, but the usual miner tend to mine near of terminal, therefore near spots get cleared much faster than spots far away which leads to the feeling, that all spots are far away which is wrong if you consider every spot available in a year. The more miner are on same terminal located, the more likely you will have trouble finding  ore spot nearby.  But this clearly says, that there is no general rule to move from Terminal A to Terminal B as the more would follow the rule, the less benefit would remain until the point when its better to ignore that rule than following it. 

If I find no ore near terminal, I look around teleports that are easy to reach from Terminal.

Your speaking about what I do.  I've never mined an ounce or ore since the trial.  I  buy from the markets and produce in my secret industrial site out in gama.  The only down side is lots of transporting of materials and the threat of getting blown up every time I undock.   But really I just produce and work the market mostly.  If this is an intrest of yours you could consider joining my corp and benifiting from the structure already set up.. well least till gama implodes and dumps all our *** back on alpha.

OP, you may want to mosey on over to Tellesis where the majority of RAD's members are based. There's regular mining ops where you can learn the basics and hang out on teamspeak.
There's also an internal market which is steadily growing each day. If you would like to get involved with the corps production team contact either Khetar, Viirus or Lonwolf who can help you get set up.  smile

8 (edited by Remi Dupar 2014-03-28 06:58:39)

double post roll