Topic: Instance Worlds

I play a game called Path of Exile from time to time, and after having read the forums I wondered if a mechanic they use would be helpful in Perpetuum.

They have concept of "leagues" that are setup and taken down with predictable timers.  The long term leagues are 4 months typically.  When you play in a league, all you bring is your character (typically brand new in that game, but for perpetuum it would likely be one of your current).

When the league starts you are in the world with no assets and build, conquer, fight, as any other time.  At the conclusion to the instance/league, your assets and toons fall back to the main "standard league".

Now that game is ARPG and is a diablo type alternative (superior alternative i would note), but I wonder if playing in reset leagues that don't "reset" wealth for vets.. would be something interesting.

LORE CONCEPT: Nia is colonizing other worlds  and you can remote control/spark to bots there.  Transport of goods back to the primary Nia world at the conclusion to further aid the homeworld efforts is vital (etc. etc.).

The idea is that you just make smaller concentrations of islands .. say 3-6 islands.  Because its spark back and forth, you can return to the standard "league" anytime.

My biggest fear would be dilution of already sparse player base.  The bonus is you can experiment with alternative mechanics in the portal world before you decide to bring it back to the primary world--better imo than test server.

Its rough idea, but thought I'd put it out there.  If anyone already explored this topic, props to you.  What happened with it?

Funding

Re: Instance Worlds

No Funding.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Re: Instance Worlds

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.