Topic: Cargo exploit

It's recently come to my attention after burial posted about it in general chat that there is for the third time a method of fitting infinite cargo in to a bot or mech. I had a play around and found it was actually possible. I don't want to specify how here but for transparency I would like to request the following things:

An audit on transport missions - accept / decline transport missions and then bulk delivering them would print tokens and nic at game breaking rates

If possible an audit on how often this was used in logistics

The missions aspect is particularly important and more game breaking than the insurance scam. I believe it should be tracked back for a minimum of a year with offenders having assets removed appropriately.

Re: Cargo exploit

BankOfEngland wrote:

I had a play around and found it was actually possible.

I can only do anything if you post a support ticket with how it's done.

I'll do it on the 9th when I'm unbanned

That's fine, but in that case (based on some chat logs from last night and the night before) I consider this a troll and/or feel inclined to ban your account for using an exploit and not reporting it.

5 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-19 17:00:50)

http://i.imgur.com/d3R4Hry.jpg

Tonnik same player as OP send me that so its no troll.

Edit: not the link the Seqeur via trade, full of ore.

RIP PERPETUUM

6 (edited by Burial 2014-01-19 17:13:09)

Justice needs to prevail!

Investigation is ongoing, I'm closing this until that concludes.

The exploit has been fixed now.

We've checked whether there were any excessively large transport assignment operations that could have used this exploit, but haven't found anything even close worth mentioning.

As for gamma logistics, unfortunately we can't check that. Due to the nature of this bug there is no trace of the actual overloads (technically there were no overloads in the database, the overloaded items were each in their own "virtual" cargohold - it's complicated).

\o/. I guess I have to park the lithus mk2 now.  QQ.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

This whole time I thought Jita was just trolling us about a cargo exploit.. Lol, my bad. GJ Jita!

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2