Re: The GAP...

Arga wrote:

simply means that you're not using logic

I have a feeling that won't resonate so well ...lol

152 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-01-16 16:13:30)

Arga wrote:

Your taking it too personally. An emotional plea simply means that you're not using logic to form your arguement.

Please feel free to clarify what 'Nothing to lose' means in your own words than.

Maybe I missunserstood the meaning of it since english ain't my first language. And what I mean with nothing to loose I've already explained several times throughout the thread, but why not do it again.
We have 100-200 active players atm. Mostly vets. To get more we need to do SOMETHING to attract new players and also make em stay. The tweak to the EP-system that helps new players gain some on vets from the get go was one suggestion. If more peeps don't come from a change like this, well then we still have the 100-200 active players, and then the game is doomed either way. Hence "nothing to lose" from trying something like this. Ofc new peeps can come and will come with steam release. I just wanted to cover all the ground that could make them leave after a while. Add this and more content etc. Do everything we can to make more peeps come and enjoy this great game.

Aaron Sool wrote:
Arga wrote:

Your taking it too personally. An emotional plea simply means that you're not using logic to form your arguement.

Please feel free to clarify what 'Nothing to lose' means in your own words than.

Maybe I missunserstood the meaning of it since english ain't my first language. And what I mean with nothing to loose I've already explained several times throughout the thread, but why not do it again.
We have 100-200 active players atm. Mostly vets. To get more we need to do SOMETHING to attract new players and also make em stay. The tweak to the EP-system that helps new players gain some on vets from the get go was one suggestion. If more peeps don't come from a change like this, well then we still have the 100-200 active players, and then the game is doomed either way. Hence "nothing to lose" from trying something like this. Ofc new peeps can come and will come with steam release. I just wanted to cover all the ground that could make them leave after a while. Add this and norr content etc. Do everything we can to make more peeps come and enjoy this great game.

DEVs are already working on such newbie-attractive improvements, aren't they? It's just not EP change, it's content change, and should be that way, otherwise I will never get my Seraph.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Aaron Sool wrote:

We have 100-200 active players atm. Mostly vets. To get more we need to do SOMETHING to attract new players and also make em stay. The tweak to the EP-system that helps new players gain some on vets from the get go was one suggestion. If more peeps don't come from a change like this, well then we still have the 100-200 active players, and then the game is doomed either way. Hence "nothing to lose" from trying something like this. Ofc new peeps can come and will come with steam release. I just wanted to cover all the ground that could make them leave after a while. Add this and more content etc. Do everything we can to make more peeps come and enjoy this great game.

Are you one of the Devs? You gonna be homeless if this game don't make money? Or you just too emotionally invested?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:
Aaron Sool wrote:

Are you one of the Devs? You gonna be homeless if this game don't make money? Or you just too emotionally invested?

lol. If I were one of the DEVs I wouldn't make a thread like this, I would just DO IT, and that would be it. And emotionally invested? For real? It's a freaking game. How much emotionally invested can you get? For me. None. It's a awesome game that deserves a bigger crowd then it has. Is that so hard to wrap your head around and understand? Look where this thread is posted. It's posted under "Feature discussion and request". We're discussing a possible feature that could possibly bring more peeps to the game. No need to go mental and throw stupid and pointless accusation around you. Grow up.

I understand wanting this game to succeed Aaron, you're not alone in this, but if the Perp truely had nothing to lose it would benefit more from a full reset than an EP change; but while Perp is certainly on the rocks it's not currently at the place where it has nothing to lose. Check back after Steam launch.

157 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-01-16 19:30:37)

Arga wrote:

I understand wanting this game to succeed Aaron, you're not alone in this, but if the Perp truely had nothing to lose it would benefit more from a full reset than an EP change; but while Perp is certainly on the rocks it's not currently at the place where it has nothing to lose. Check back after Steam launch.

Yeah, I'm sure that steam-launch will bring more peeps, and as I said I've spoken to a big MMO-site and they will do a re-review as well. So things WILL at least peak for a while. I just don't want them to leave over the GAP-issue. But we will have to wait it out and see where we land in the end.

To be honest I think this topic contributes more to the negative perception of the issue than the actual issue does.

DEV Zoom wrote:

To be honest I think this topic contributes more to the negative perception of the issue than the actual issue does.

Yeah, you might be right there... sad

I won't support giving away more EP just to close a the gap. Long term well thought out solutions are needed though.

Basically improving the 'side ways' progression of extensions, for that we need more tools (bots) and a viable PVE for the lower end of the skill system. I will make a new topic of an idea I thought about for PVE which shows the pontential this game can have to retain new players.

RIP PERPETUUM

Aaron Sool wrote:

lol. If I were one of the DEVs I wouldn't make a thread like this, I would just DO IT, and that would be it. And emotionally invested? For real? It's a freaking game. How much emotionally invested can you get? For me. None. It's a awesome game that deserves a bigger crowd then it has. Is that so hard to wrap your head around and understand? Look where this thread is posted. It's posted under "Feature discussion and request". We're discussing a possible feature that could possibly bring more peeps to the game. No need to go mental and throw stupid and pointless accusation around you. Grow up.

You must be in the small percentage of fanboy vets that will slit their wrists when Steam fizzles out after the freebie trial period, I see I touched a nerve.

We've already said numerous times how to fix the gap issue (redoing the robotic skills), but considering the *logical* solution to some elusive mystical AFK-mining is to make all bots vanish in 2 minutes no matter what, I wouldn't be suprised if you and the rest of the shortbus crowd really came up with some double-EP braindead scheme.

Ultimately it doesn't matter though, because people are already lining up in Steam to play. Just wait for it and hold your breath... big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

162 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-01-16 20:27:11)

Norrdec wrote:

You must be in the small percentage of fanboy vets that will slit their wrists when Steam fizzles out after the freebie trial period, I see I touched a nerve.

What part of "It's a freaking game. How much emotionally invested can you get? For me. None" didn't you get? What I on the other hand DO have a problem with is people throwing out stupid accusation about people they don't know Jack or *** about. Like yourself. The first one in this thread to go personal for no reason. Grats. You get my "Most narrow-minded of the year reply"-award.

Aaron, just ignore him, everyone else does. In the meantime just let this thread die.

164 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-01-16 20:55:27)

Cassius wrote:

Aaron, just ignore him, everyone else does. In the meantime just let this thread die.

Yeah, wish this thread had a "ignore"-button. Fix it Zoom. wink And while your at it. Lock this thread now.