Topic: Perpetuum officially claimed as pay to win type.

This topic for the future. No need to comment here and better to let him go down from active topics and wait a little bit. I would like to reopen it a little bit later to remind DeV Zoom about our conversation. I think it will be "funny". smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Perpetuum officially claimed as pay to win type.

Maybe wait with threads like this then? Pretty stupid to make a thread like this now. Will only lead peeps to speculate etc.

It's Hunter rage.  He's not happy about something so mass QQ ensues....

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

It's been pay to win forever, no doubt there.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

"pay to win type" can be defined so many ways. Congratulations on your unique ability to predict the future with overly broad statement. roll

Sparking to other games

No need to speculate, Hunter's only problem is that we don't (can't) punish people who play with more than one client simultaneously.

And why would multiple accounts be p2w? Try winning a PVP-fight with 3-4 accounts running at the same time. Maybe if you work on NASA and have a monster computer, and also have cloned yourself to handle all mechs at the same time. Maybe then it would be p2w...

...and what the hell is there to 'win' in a mmo sandbox?

Its just people playing to enjoy a game.

The only 'winning' is the destruction of stuff, and if I recall, Hunter you made an argument recently that it's necessary and good for things to be destroyed in a game like this (Gamma asset deletion). But I'm sure you can clarify what you mean by "pay to win" because surely you would never contradict yourself.

Please explain this thread. What kind of 'pay to win' are you talking about? Enlighten us all with your wisdom. I simply cannot bare the suspense of your prophecy.

Sparking to other games

9 (edited by Burial 2014-01-07 16:52:39)

People and especially the developers need to open their eyes.

People are CONSTANTLY writing in other MMO sites how they left Perpetuum because they felt they are pushed to multi-accounting more than in any other game. It's not just PVP. It's industry, combat and practically all other aspects of the game.

(I have 3 accounts, thinking of activating my 4th and I wouldn't even imagine playing with just 1.)

Hmm... I've planned to discuss a little bit later.. I don't read anyway. Anyone who troll me - you waste the time.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

11 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-01-07 17:34:12)

Burial wrote:

People and especially the developers need to open their eyes.

People are CONSTANTLY writing in other MMO sites how they left Perpetuum because they felt they are pushed to multi-accounting more than in any other game. It's not just PVP. It's industry, combat and practically all other aspects of the game.

(I have 3 accounts, thinking of activating my 4th and I wouldn't even imagine playing with just 1.)

This wouldn't be a issue if the game had a healthy population. Cause then if you wanted to be a miner only (some peeps actually only want to be a miner), or only be a producer, or only PVPer etc, would be doable. Cause there would be a market for all that. As it is now, the market is pretty much dead. So to keep things going for yourself and your corpm8s, you need multiple accounts. I wouldn't call it p2w, just a necessary evil with the game right now. Hopefully things like this can change with steam release etc. And we've HAVE seen a increase a pop the last week. So here's to hoping Perp will get to where it deserves to be. At the top. wink

What a stupid post.

Hunter wrote:

Hmm... I've planned to discuss a little bit later.. I don't read anyway. Anyone who troll me - you waste the time.

Just checking if your're reading this. smile

I use 2 to 3 accounts pretty effectively in pvp.  1 Detector + 1 Tackle + 1 DPS.

There is also the follow bot target marker that's handy, and the pocket ictus or vagabond.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.