Topic: Is there any roadmap?

I just wonder what is on the horizon once the game get launch on steam with new newbie experience etc. WHat else can we expect from Perpetuum now that we stepped over into 2014?

Re: Is there any roadmap?

After Steam comes Assignment patch 2. After that, who knows.

And what's the assignment patch? Can I read about it anywhere? And can a DEV tell us what's on the way after that and how far off Assignment patch 2 is?

Aaron Sool wrote:

And what's the assignment patch? Can I read about it anywhere? And can a DEV tell us what's on the way after that and how far off Assignment patch 2 is?

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … instances/

This blog has a paragraph about the second stage. It's too early to tell anything more about it or when exactly it will happen, we have our hands full with the Steam launch and connected changes at the moment.

We have plans on where we want to go after the Steam launch, but that's not public yet as it very much depends on the success of the launch.

5 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-01-01 16:18:00)

Sounds rly good. But even further down the road? Can you tease us with something?

More robots is definitiely something where we intend to improve.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Love that. The more the merrier. Any graphical update like you did with gamma? Wuld be nice if the mech looked and sounded more like big *** mechs. tongue I know, it's just graphics, but it sure helps with the immersion of games.

Punk Panther wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Love that. The more the merrier. Any graphical update like you did with gamma? Wuld be nice if the mech looked and sounded more like big *** mechs. tongue I know, it's just graphics, but it sure helps with the immersion of games.

More sounds, more graphics = more lag.  When I am running 6 clients I prefer landmark pvp only =P

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Needs optimisations instead of nicer graphics.

10 (edited by Punk Panther 2014-01-02 20:54:33)

Ohh, I don't have any lag at all. But I run only 2 clients at most. 6!!! JFC!!! yikes

11 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-01-03 12:09:24)

There is a itsy bitsy little thing they could do that can be optional. And that to make metallic objects look metallic. And for those that run 6+ clients, it can just be turned of if they wanna. Like in EVE. But at least give some of us the option. Amen.

free 2 play model or bust

free 2 play model = bust

optimize game and refine content = more players and profit

F2P is the way to go...  All you anti F2P people, how many have ever bought or sold ICE.  Exactly, stfu hypocrites.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

F2P model would have a future if it's well done(and not just copied from some generic asian MMO). smile

16 (edited by Inda 2014-01-04 09:03:16)

F2P need imo, in a right way yes

Guys did you miss that?

Zoom: " More robots is definitiely something where we intend to improve."

Hell yeah, this is not about graphics, this is new robots guys !!!

But yes optimalising is more important first, need some improvement on Gamma also. And then raise Perpetuum RAISE, GROW GROW TO THE SKYYYYY !

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD