Topic: Black screen upon exiting Gamma terminal

Lately, many people have died exiting Gamma terminals due to the black screen.  If enemy is present, you die BEFORE you appear on terrain!  You don't have a chance to defend.  You're dead before you get a chance to click on a mod.  HOW FAIR IS THIS???

Re: Black screen upon exiting Gamma terminal

Same for teleports and logins on terrain. That was always presenting tho, Gamma lags just make in worser.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

It all started for me a week or so ago with the 13-12-14 patch if I'm not mistaken. I crashed very rarely before it and It's almost standard procedure now.

Is that what happened today?  Because we saw you move w/ instability still on.  And ems w/ fast lock boosters hurt.  yarr

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

You should consult your leader about what happens when you sit down to put your pants on your head around EM turrets. He's quite good at it.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Gerralt on TS:  oh he moved!  He moved!

container magically appears.

Kanogi on TS:  what a fukkin wetard

Ville wrote:

Is that what happened today?  Because we saw you move w/ instability still on.  And ems w/ fast lock boosters hurt.  yarr

It won't matter. If you crash you won't be back online well after any protection falls over. Luckily it's all reimbusable.

Close the squad window before undocking. Also, randomly pressing the wasd keys on a black screen is a bad idea.

Undocking out of a station you know is surrounded by turrets carries risk so your stuff should definitely not be reimbursed.

10 (edited by Burial 2013-12-19 17:00:03)

Yes something is wrong with the squad window too. We have made sure all of the members in our squad have it closed when undocking but even then the crashes happen. Might be because the amount of names in the squad, might be something else - needs further testing.

Gerralt wrote:

Undocking out of a station you know is surrounded by turrets carries risk so your stuff should definitely not be reimbursed.

Just wondering why you think it shouldn't be reimbused? If the game doesn't crash, you can just dock up or go behind something to not get shot. If the game crashes you have no chances.

Zoom agrees with us here and all the bots that I know of exploding because crash are reimbused and that has been the code of practice for as long as I remember.

If it's a legitimate crash with an error report sent out then a reimbursement is fine. If it just takes a long time to load, that's just tough luck and no reimbursements should be given, if only to prevent abuse of the system.

Yes, I agree with you here. All the client crashes we encountered were the ones where the client froze and eventually crashed and closed. By the time you got back, you could just loot the can.

He didn't crash he did the same thing as pushing wasd while jumping through a beacon which has been known to keep you moving, OR he didn't realize the terminal was secured and got wtfpwned by EMs with 2 second lock times under syndicate protection and he wants his stuff back.  I'm leaning towards the later.  He didn't crash.  He got PVE'd lol.

Instability timer*. Not protection*

Burial wrote:

Yes something is wrong with the squad window too. We have made sure all of the members in our squad have it closed when undocking but even then the crashes happen. Might be because the amount of names in the squad, might be something else - needs further testing.

Gerralt wrote:

Just wondering why you think it shouldn't be reimbused? If the game doesn't crash, you can just dock up or go behind something to not get shot. If the game crashes you have no chances.

Zoom agrees with us here and all the bots that I know of exploding because crash are reimbused and that has been the code of practice for as long as I remember.

well i zoom better not just spawn stuff that did get killed legit or by ppl beeing stupid.  hoppe he is looking in to evry one of those bots..

Ville wrote:

He didn't crash he did the same thing as pushing wasd while jumping through a beacon which has been known to keep you moving, OR he didn't realize the terminal was secured and got wtfpwned by EMs with 2 second lock times under syndicate protection and he wants his stuff back.  I'm leaning towards the later.  He didn't crash.  He got PVE'd lol.

I have no idea what he did. All I know is that those who actually crashed have gotten reimbusements and it's easy enough to spot the difference by Zoom.

While we are discussing it.  Animation for turrets are not always working too.

wait... now we want reimbursement for losing bots to turrets?

*Pulls out long list of stuff needed reimbursed due to deaths from turrets over the last 12 months*` big_smile

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

19 (edited by Rage Blackout 2013-12-19 19:57:47)

You just dont stop do you?

Stop undocking at a death trap terminal.

That is how you dont die.

Burial wrote:
Ville wrote:

I have no idea what he did. All I know is that those who actually crashed have gotten reimbusements and it's easy enough to spot the difference by Zoom.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

What happened to the "PvP reimbursement policy"  ??

Exceptions for the "beloved" again? 

Goo ZOOM goo!!!  This is great PR for Steam.  NOT!

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

I thought turrets are PVE? smile

Correct, turret kills are not PvP kills (obviously, as they are not players).

Rage Blackout wrote:

You just dont stop do you?

Stop undocking at a death trap terminal.

That is how you dont die.

1. Undock and get blown up by turrets.
2. File ticket and threaten to unsub unless your PVE loss gets replaced/cry a river about black screen.
3. You get to keep your stuff from a terminal surrounded by enemy turrets.

GG!

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

24 (edited by Rex Amelius 2013-12-20 01:31:25)

Burial wrote:

Luckily it's all reimbusable.

Burial Skill Set

Level 11 - Run to Forums and cry exploit/bug
Level 11 - Petition for asset reimbursement
Level 11 - Beg Zoom for intervention
Level 11 - Tear Pouring
Level 11 - ERP Heavy Mechs, full tunings

Sparking to other games

I watch them undock, they break their stability and die.

If you ask me, dont break your stability at a R*peCage station, ever.

Burial undocked a bunch of times and is alive and well.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."