1 (edited by Celebro 2013-12-16 22:16:00)

Topic: This game needs to focus more on solo activities.

By that I mean solo account players. They need to have many more options. Bot fits requiring a follow bot to even be decently effective does not work well. Promoting for group activities is all well and good, but when you want some time to play solo ,it should be done much more solo friendly.

Even in PVE combat, if you don't have a hauler then you get what you combat bot can fit, and if you have a hauler you have to go back to station and haul back, it's pretty insane to say the least. Why don't we incorporate NIC rewards for NPC kills, larger cargo's on bots etc.

Having alts is basically a requirement to succeed , it should only be a small advantage to have alts if you like to do more with your time.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: This game needs to focus more on solo activities.

Efficiency is pretty relative. If you measure good efficiency with bot+followbot then a single bot will be less efficient obviously. But the same will be true when we make solo bots more efficient - guess what, bot pairs will be even more efficient. And then that becomes the standard. Rinse and repeat.

That reminds me, I'll put up a poll.

*Unpopular Puffin*

I prefer short bursts of intense mining to of hours of slow mining.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Efficiency is pretty relative. If you measure good efficiency with bot+followbot then a single bot will be less efficient obviously. But the same will be true when we make solo bots more efficient - guess what, bot pairs will be even more efficient. And then that becomes the standard. Rinse and repeat.

I not concerned with multiple accounts getting the advantage even though it's relative, but the way it is designed right now you need another account to haul and another as a logistic support role so that efficiency  scales up. Basically accounts rolled in to cover for areas no solo player will help you with , and if you are only interesting in combat, I think most people would be interested to get have 2 accounts doing combat together of different factions.

It is also the problem how bots has so few slots to cover for wide range of abilities, specializing is all good to promote team play I get that, but specializing bots should come later on in the game in the form of more advanced mechs that can do any specific job better. Anyhow still the ability to do a wide range of activities at a lower efficiency is not really there.

RIP PERPETUUM