Re: What are some of the fun things you do in game?

I like making other CEO's rage in general chat to hide their own ineptitude at organizing a corporation from their members. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

I like making other CEO's rage in general chat to hide their own ineptitude at organizing a corporation from their members. lol

Sometimes, getting corporate members to stay focused on something is like herding kittens.  Imagine what Arga has to go through with people like me in his corp.  In fact, there's a spoof of the EVE is Real vid that pretty much sums it up a day in the life of Arga.  Keep the kids out of earshot before running this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zMKXTJL35g

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Troll Alf

What gets me is those guys doing that (raging on vent) think they are acutally being leaders, like being able to swear and yell is the hallmark of all great men.

And they still probably wonder why thier corp hangers get emptied out regularly.

I like to go out every so often with some corpies and trollolol around on beta and see how fast it takes for us to get blobbed. You get bonus points if they drop heavy mechs on your assault gang.

20% cooler in 10 seconds flat!

Arga wrote:

What gets me is those guys doing that (raging on vent) think they are acutally being leaders, like being able to swear and yell is the hallmark of all great men.

And they still probably wonder why thier corp hangers get emptied out regularly.

Just a thought - George S. Patton

Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)

Johnny EvilGuy wrote:
Arga wrote:

Just a thought - George S. Patton

I would argue that his hallmark was a lack of fear (or humanity as some may put it) and aggressiveness.

33 (edited by Johnny EvilGuy 2011-08-02 17:19:33)

Valsiev Melnon wrote:

I would argue that his hallmark was a lack of fear (or humanity as some may put it) and aggressiveness.

You make a completely valid point.  Nevertheless, he was well-known as a potty mouth, yet generally (General...get it?  Hah!) considered a "great man."

Additionally, I don't know of any people that have achieved similar status to someone like Patton by playing an MMO.  So, despite the fact that Shadoo uses caustic language, it's silly to suppose that it matters.  This is a game that we're playing for recreational purposes...care about it, but keep it in perspective.  <ninja edit>

I swear like a sailor, but I don't scream at our guys. This is a game, so long as we're out and about I'm happy.

Maybe I should scream at them? Perhaps they'd like it if there was a little more whip action?

Aeon only swears when he's happy smile

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Whip action?  Pics or it didn't happen! smile

I can imagine the psychologists' interview for a NeX member that's lost is mind.

Player:  "It was so real.  My hands were shaking.  I was there and he was screaming at me....I was there."

Lies, I am an all weather swearer!

Johnny EvilGuy wrote:

Whip action?  Pics or it didn't happen! smile

I can imagine the psychologists' interview for a NeX member that's lost is mind.

Player:  "It was so real.  My hands were shaking.  I was there and he was screaming at me....I was there."

DO IT IN A KESTREL!

Bah, I was in the military, we used foul language all the time. There's a difference between swearing and verbally abusing people, regardless of if your using 4 letters or 20.

On the flip-side, some people don't care, or they just put up with it, or they rationalize that 'this guy's not yelling at me, he means all the other merde-for-brains out there'.

Flipping out on vent is a time honored tradition, specifically directing it at one or more of your supposed guild/corp mates is just crap. Then again, these are PVP guys, and no one wants to be labled a carebear because they didn't let the FC verbally reduce them to less then cat vomit publically in vent.

You and the cat vomit...

For the many of you that don't know the backstory, a few nights ago, my cat yarfed up a full meal's worth of food on the kitchen floor while I was playing Perp.  It was getting boring that evening and I'd been reduced to bot spinning in the terminal anyway so I used that as my curtain call to check out for the night.  I posted something about my cat throwing up and logged.  Since then, Arga speaks of nothing else...not my hugely fat behind, not my indecent exposure arrests for wearing a thong that was lost in the rolls when I was on the beach, and certainly nothing at all about the beta island roam we're planning at 4 AM PST tomorrow morning where we'll be using yagels with chemical ammo and a sniper seth. yarr

Anyway, it's worth pointing out that, of all the amusement of the jab this made at CCP, you'd be so stiff with the upper lip that all you'd mention is the profanity. roll Sheesh!  They're just vibrations of air molcules.  Don't assign too much value to them or you'll end up eternally unhappy when no one else meets your standards.  Love some people, wear a Hello Kitty tee-shirt, and cuss out your goldfish this evening!  It'll all be okay, I promise. wink

We have an engagement party set for next week, I'm inviting all her emesis relatives, from various other life forms but my heart lies with Cat Vomit.

I think I just made myself a little sick just thinking about it, Joyous!

I plan to build 1000 Seth, 1000 Intakt, outfit them and decide what political affilitations I plan to support.

Ioci wrote:

I plan to build 1000 Seth, 1000 Intakt, outfit them and decide what political affilitations I plan to support.

I suggest supporting your own agenda rather than those of the people around you.  Only form alliances for selfish reasons and be ready with a knife for the backs of your so-called friends at the drop of a hat when the benefits no longer outweigh the costs.

Thousands of bots, good.

Thousands of pilots, better.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Time it'll take to build that pile would be better spent going out solo in assaults. Man that is is good, even when you go up terrain you think a mech can't use and whoops it follows you right in with an intakt amigo. -2m nic +1 pk shake for the first time in forever!