1 (edited by Jasdemi 2013-11-24 19:16:42)

Topic: Add directional arrows to artifact scanning

I think artifact scanning is more annoying than fun. It was cool at first, but after dozens of sites it gets more like a job than playing a game.

Why not add directional arrows to artifact scanning, just like scanning for ores? Based on your scanner accuracy, the arrows will lead you closer to the artifact. Not the exact position, but a 100-200m radius around the artifact. This way you still have to pinpoint.

I think adding this change will only use up minimal dev resources and is necessary to do before the Steam release.

PS: Before you post your "DAH! DUMB DOWN THE GAME MUCH!!11 DERP!", ask yourself: When was the last time you were artifact hunting? Did you enjoy it?

Feel free to suggest more ideas on how to make artifact hunting more bearable.

Artifact scanning more fun = more people on beta/gamma = more pvp = win/win

Re: Add directional arrows to artifact scanning

Not a bad idea smile

Jasdemi wrote:

Feel free to suggest more ideas on how to make artifact hunting more bearable.

FOOM tool or similar in game.

Can only agree with above. I think the whole system needs a revamp. Arrows could be a nice addition. My own thought was making the sites send out large pings on map so you have a general idea about the placement of the sites but still need the scanner to find the right cordinate.

Also loot should be look at. This game really needs some really rare loot!!

More ideas might be incoming if I get bored with life.

Needing a tool to take advantage of artifact scanning is ridiculous , oh btw I never enjoyed this that's why I have only done it twice I think. +1 for change.

Celebro's body guard