1 (edited by Hunter 2013-11-10 15:21:55)

Topic: Distress bug

1) Industrial Section - spawns 5 waves instead of 10
2) Pelistal squad - does not spawn Mighty @ last wave
3) Industrial Excavator - spawns 5 waves instead of 10

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Distress bug

Sometimes respawned waves of mobs in which claim decreases twice as fast.

I thought Industrials always had 5 waves.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

I thought Industrials always had 5 waves.

In the patch 2012-07-18: Change: Increased the number of waves in normal (non-starred) distress beacons to 10.

Why the crybabies wins?

5 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2013-11-13 16:57:49)

Hunter wrote:

In the patch 2012-07-18: Change: Increased the number of waves in normal (non-starred) distress beacons to 10.

I know that's what the patch notes say but an Indy beacon has never spawned 10 waves ... only 5.

If this patch was meant to change Indy beacons to 10 waves too then it was a bug that no-one bothered to report. I distinctly remember a beacon party at the time where we were disappointed on several occasions that we only got 5 waves of industrials and then just shrugged and concluded that was how it was supposed to be.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Hunter wrote:

I know that's what the patch notes say but an Indy beacon has never spawned 10 waves ... only 5.

If this patch was meant to change Indy beacons to 10 waves too then it was a bug that no-one bothered to report. I distinctly remember a beacon party at the time where we were disappointed on several occasions that we only got 5 waves of industrials and then just shrugged and concluded that was how it was supposed to be.

This means the bug is old.

BTW: i can't understand why such bugs happens? isn't it stores in database? isn't possible to change "on the fly" without server restarts?..

Why the crybabies wins?

I know there are some errors in some of the beacon configurations, it's on my todo to check them all. That said I also think the 5 waves for indy beacons is intended.

Hunter wrote:

BTW: i can't understand why such bugs happens? isn't it stores in database? isn't possible to change "on the fly" without server restarts?..

As far as I know the server reads the database once when it boots up and then keeps the data in memory, it would be much slower otherwise. Not everything works like this of course and some data can be manually reloaded on the fly (recently we made this possible for mission data) but most of them require a restart.

8 (edited by Hunter 2013-11-17 06:01:53)

But why you announced 10 waves for all kinds beacons except beacons with stars?

My corp have learned all industrials long time ago. This is a pure bug report about non-compliance between announced and real.

If you really intended make 5 waves for industrials - it's ok (at least for me). I think it's better to declare in some patch notes to avoid the following questions.

Why the crybabies wins?

Well that's easy to answer: I did not make the beacon configurations but I wrote the patch notes, and wrongly assumed they all have been increased.

10 (edited by Kvazio 2013-11-17 19:29:19)

10 waves come on! yarr

100+ beacons at one time!  Here we go!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ah yeah a few days ago i ran a Pelistal squad & thought it must have despawned

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I had a bit of time to check this, it seems that all normal industrial beacons have a configuration of 10-7-5 waves so I'm going to assume that's intended. The reason for this setup was probably balancing: indy beacons are basically a no-effort bonuslevel duckshoot and the higher NPC ranks in 2/3 stripe beacons have already nice loot without having 10 waves of them even.

But you're right about the Pelistal Squad, it's missing the elites.

Also, the Praetorian Captain beacon (3 stripe) used the pool of the Praetorian Corporal (2 stripe).

A little OT: I was always wondering why greenies do have 2x more elites than others. What's the secret?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

15 (edited by Hunter 2013-12-13 08:05:39)

Line wrote:

A little OT.

Ну нафига?... Сотри быриком yikes

Why the crybabies wins?

DEV Zoom wrote:

... indy beacons are basically a no-effort bonuslevel duckshoot...

on gamma all beacons are a no-effort bonus level duck shoot.

I say remove beacons from SAP loot and Syndicate stores - make them an exciting thing to drop from NPC kills. Something that newer players can sell for high prices to gamma corps if they want to.