Topic: Destruction SAP

What if, it will shoot back anyone but owner? Like a close-range turret or sorta, with damage type accordingly to island color? What do you think? I think that will make it much funnier to complete.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

2 (edited by Inda 2013-11-10 13:05:34)

Re: Destruction SAP

YES!

Good idea need to work out !

But, low priority ATM.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Thb i dont think it makes it any morre funn doing sap only prevents 1-2 mechs soloing it

Wuld also brake even morre balance on passive and active hacks

No. If you don't show up to defend your SAP, the SAP itself should not be a harm to anyone. Don't see a reason to have a chance to lose a bot, if there is no actual fight happening.

Khetar wrote:

No. If you don't show up to defend your SAP, the SAP itself should not be a harm to anyone. Don't see a reason to have a chance to lose a bot, if there is no actual fight happening.

It's not about auto-defence. it's about bringing something more powerful than a light to complete that SAP

Does it not take a loong time for a light to finish it?

SAPs should not be equiped with  weapons.  That is what your bots are for. 

What I would suggest is to return the armor value to what it was so that it cannot be alpha'd with 5 plasma bombs or a suicide sequer.

Further it should take 5 mech class bots about 8 mins to destroy.  This will put the SAP on par with other saps of a similar value.

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

I personally don't think destro SAP needs any work. Why fix if ain't broken.

That is because Burial invented the sequer nuke that takes about 30secs to implement.

GG

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

IMO its not broken

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

i think the amount of damage it takes to kill one should be increased, its too easy to solo, it only takes 2 plasma bombs to kill one, maybe change the amount of damage it needs to take to where it needs to take more damage then 10k. (maybe somewhere between 30k and 60k?

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

How about substantially increasing all the armor resistances except chemical for the SAP? Every faction has specialized chemo ammo but bombs wouldn't be so effective because 3 of its 4 damage components would be nerfed here basically.

DEV Zoom wrote:

How about substantially increasing all the armor resistances except chemical for the SAP? Every faction has specialized chemo ammo but bombs wouldn't be so effective because 3 of its 4 damage components would be nerfed here basically.

I think abe is right tbh, its just so imbalanced compared with the rest of the saps its crazy. If you logged off three or four gank heavies on the sap you could log in, pop that shizzle and nobody no matter the size of the fleet could stop you. When population goes up thats stupid.

Make it so that a 15 man gang would take 5 minutes.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

As far as I can recall the HP was reduced because players argued that it was too high and they couldn't use assaults to take it, which was the trend at the time smile

That 5 minutes really depends on what robots you bring, there is quite a difference between the dps of a pack of lights and a pack of heavies.

DEV Zoom wrote:

As far as I can recall the HP was reduced because players argued that it was too high and they couldn't use assaults to take it, which was the trend at the time smile

That 5 minutes really depends on what robots you bring, there is quite a difference between the dps of a pack of lights and a pack of heavies.

ok fair enough. I'd probably triple it for now and scale it up when the population rises.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I agree for just make more HP to them. 30-60 k its look fair enough

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

17 (edited by Burial 2013-11-22 10:16:39)

How about messing with surface size? Something like 2m. Still easy to shoot with light/assault but harder with mech/heavy?

Line wrote:

What if, it will shoot back anyone but owner? Like a close-range turret or sorta, with damage type accordingly to island color? What do you think? I think that will make it much funnier to complete.

+1

Not a bad Idea Line.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

An active turret still has to answer all the same balancing questions as the passive changes as well as all the 'turrety' problems from Gamma.

These will be the changes to the SAP:

Surface hit size: 20m -> 6m
Armor: 10,000 HP -> 30,000 HP

Also, the inability to deploy field devices under syndicate protection will be moved over to molecular instability.

Stop wasting valuable Devs time , with turrets on SAP, they have bigger fish to fry, your suggestion seems fine Zoom, Burial's idea to reduce surface size is brilliant.

Celebro's body guard

DEV Zoom wrote:

These will be the changes to the SAP:

Surface hit size: 20m -> 6m
Armor: 10,000 HP -> 30,000 HP

Also, the inability to deploy field devices under syndicate protection will be moved over to molecular instability.

Finally! Thanks, Zoom, that solves!

Good move thx !

Energy to Earth!

Can we get 1U Std Beacons too?