Topic: Plasma bombs

In the last half of year we saw that subj is used to blow enemy bots and saps. While the whole idea is fun and nice, maybe we should limit it a little, says, one per 200m but reduce an activation timer a little to make it more viable in PvP but not that OP?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Re: Plasma bombs

Limiting the number per area sounds good, but I wouldn't reduce the activation timer, that would make them very hard to lock and destroy.

I don't think they need a nerf. Actication time is already limiting factor. No need to nerf the fun stuff. tongue

There is a situation that needs to be addressed though, namely when people log off next to a destruction SAP with plasma bombs in their cargo, log in when the SAP activates and spam their bombs. This is very hard to counter currently.

Line wrote:

In the last half of year we saw that subj is used to blow enemy bots and saps. While the whole idea is fun and nice, maybe we should limit it a little, says, one per 200m but reduce an activation timer a little to make it more viable in PvP but not that OP?

I agree that they should not be able to be used on SAPs, but I completely disagree on them being used on Bots.  if you can trap someone, or bait them into a situation that you can kill them with a plasma bomb, please fraps and post it smile

Is there is a way to make destruction saps immune to blastwaves only?

Line wrote:

I'm sure there is but that would be a dumb solution in my opinion. People should be able to use bombs on them if they can get the bombs close and manage to activate them without being shot down.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Line wrote:

I'm sure there is but that would be a dumb solution in my opinion. People should be able to use bombs on them if they can get the bombs close and manage to activate them without being shot down.

I don't mind using bombs on SAPs, however, I don't think it's fine when says a big fleet defending destruction for 59 minutes when BAM! out of nowhere a single sequer appears...

If we are doomed to waste that hour, what could be a way to balance at least this kind of situation?

Not allowing to deploy field devices for x minutes when you log in on the terrain is something I have in mind for example.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Not allowing to deploy field devices for x minutes when you log in on the terrain is something I have in mind for example.

Sounds good, also you can link that to molecular instability and then increase it for log in on terrain (together with syndicate protestion ofc)

Line wrote:

Sounds good, also you can link that to molecular instability and then increase it for log in on terrain (together with syndicate protestion ofc)

Yes, that's what I was thinking too. Currently syndicate protection prevents deploying but if we move it over to molecular instability then that's not needed anymore.

12 (edited by Burial 2013-11-09 02:47:05)

Plasma bombs are really cool, but the issue with them is that they are just too weak for anything but stealth bombing. Mech, assaults etc can kill them with few bullets. If you change it so you can't spam them then they are pointless with that activation time.

Make their armor something between regular and armored teleport and I think people would even use them on combat situations.

DEV Zoom wrote:

That works but I think if armor gets changed, then deploying one per 100m area is good since theres no need to spam them and hope some remain undestroyed. That way it takes few minutes to fully destroy a destro SAP which is fine I think and on bar with how fast prepared specimen SAP can be done.

^ That's coming from both giver and receiver side of SAP bombing.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Line wrote:

Yes, that's what I was thinking too. Currently syndicate protection prevents deploying but if we move it over to molecular instability then that's not needed anymore.

How about simple interference rule? Impossible to activate bombs/teleporters on 500 meters around saps and teleport?

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

14 (edited by Lobo 2013-11-09 10:20:39)

This is so funny when the situation was reversed this whole alliance said nothing about plasma bombs and sequers on destro saps now they are on the defending side and its all fuuu fuuu fuuu

There already is a counter to the logged off sequer.... Just never got a chance to use it against ya burrial. yarr

Infact if I remember correctly I was told.... Working as intended deal with it.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo wrote:

until working agains you? smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

i think the plasma bombing desto sap is a cool thing that brings some strategical aspect into the game.

the only thing i agree on is that the log on and bomb is a bad mechanic. not allowing to deploy the bombs when loged on for 2 mins would surely help.

also i like the idea of giving the bombs a bit more hps. not too much. but killing with one shot is a bit harsh. especially when you see the long activation time.

I personally think they are useless in Pvp and the sap thing is just incidental. I would like to see their damage increased, their durability raised yo around 50% of an armored tele, them have no effect on saps and them activate by proximity.

This would allow you to mine the field opening up a lot of extra Pvp possibilities.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Lobo wrote:

This is so funny when the situation was reversed this whole alliance said nothing about plasma bombs and sequers on destro saps now they are on the defending side and its all fuuu fuuu fuuu

There already is a counter to the logged off sequer.... Just never got a chance to use it against ya burrial. yarr

Yes its how bad this game has become.     For a year this has been abused but just now the devs realize its broken? whit all the other abused mechanic that broke the balance of this game alredy 3 years ago. 

My oppinion only.   Wipe the game restart it.   EP wipe or not i think it will be good for a steam relese.

19 (edited by Burial 2013-11-09 13:14:08)

Lobo wrote:

Agreed here. I think it only affects someone who is not prepared the first time or two, after that there are several counters.

But I agree with Jita that their armor needs a buff and after that I couldn't care less about using them on destro SAPs. There's so much potential with those bombs, let's not nerf them to oblivion and make them useless. neutral

Burial wrote:

Agreed here. I think it only affects someone who is not prepared the first time or two, after that there are several counters.

But I agree with Jita that their armor needs a buff and after that I couldn't care less about using them on destro SAPs. There's so much potential with those bombs, let's not nerf them to oblivion and make them useless. neutral

Yep I blew up about 4 sequers learning a very good counter to bad we all decided to stop playing to play a game that we no longer play.... lol

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

21 (edited by Burial 2013-11-09 13:36:54)

Right now, there's not much you can do with those bombs besides clear plants, occasional destro SAP and other bombings.

I would really like to find uses for them in PVP situation but the long activation coupled with weak armor is just horrible. If they were to increase their armor and bring them on-bar for PVP activities(generally a lot more uses than now), they would be overpowered at destro SAP though.

Anyway if it were a voting, my vote would be on 1) either do nothing or 2) increase their armor and put a 100-150m area limit on bombs.

// Jita, I think proximity bombs is another really awesome suggestion!

You could mine the field to prevent people following, block off retreats, booby trap teleports ... would be fun

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

+1, I can already envision it in my head. big_smile