Topic: Gama Structure Petition

Gama structures t1-t3 are able to be reversed engineered.  This is killing the MPC market!  No one will sell me T3 gama structures because they don't want to loose control of their T3 tech.  Please post in support for the Dev's to change this. 

~Thankyou

Re: Gama Structure Petition

lol... you are mad. lol
Requirement to use prototypes in MPC will be last killing strike on gamma. lol

alright lets do it! smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Yep, definitely. A very good move.

4 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2013-10-31 09:15:47)

wrong alt

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

5 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-10-31 09:18:28)

MPC buildings need to switch to a proto system other wise no one will ever trade.

BUT it only takes 1 person to Stuff up the whole show So i will start selling T3 buildings to any one thats want them.

Then we will see who will start crying.

Pm / email me ingame i dont have all the T3 buildings but im getting there big_smile

RAD- the new face of Perpetuum! smile

7 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-10-31 14:58:17)

For the most part I agree with this, but in certain circumstances this could be absolutely devastating.  The T3 terminals cost to manufacture is about 230 million Nic when all material costs are calculated.  Multiply that by 10X for a good prototyper and you are talking about 2.3 billion Nic worth of investment to produce a single proto.  Of which you will most likely only build 1 or 2 to actually use.  So you are talking about a 2.5 billion Nic investment to get 1 T3 Terminal.  Does that sound like a good investment to you?  This would be absolutely ridiculous for any corp that is not filthy rich to actually utilize.  So i think that if this change is actually implemented, proto costs would need to be re-evaluated for MPC.

well heres the thing. ok so a T3 term Proto is 2.3bill. how you CT that proto How many runs from that CT could you make? 10? 20? Even if its 10 thats a build cost of 230m per station & for a T3 station that sounds very reasonable. You can then also extend the life of your CTs by combining old ones.

theres also a number of other ways you can cut production costs.

Having MPC proto buildings wouldnt be the end of the world & it would allow for market competition AND give new corps a way to a new gamma setup without us old farts giving away all the tech weve got.

untill then i will be happy to sell what T3 tech i have smile

What I don't quite get is: Why should I sell you a building when there is a proto, if I dont want to sell it now?
Most facilities are only needed once - so instead of reverse engineering one and building an additional, you will now buy one, and place it. Same revenue for the seller.
I see that it's a completely different topic on energy buildings and turrets, but atleast for turrets no one is willing to sell high tier to the enemy anyways! wink

All interesting perspectives. 

Take this idea and ponder on it.  What if a guy is purely a producer and marketeer? 

T3 buildings = huge profit.  So if they want they just snag the heavily kernel invested technology and start an endless supply of MPCs without ever needing to research them.  This is like Dairy Queen saying, yea everyone can replicate our Blizzard Shake - we won't sue.  Then Burger King comes along and takes DQ's R&D and undercuts DQ so bad they go out of business.

Devs should really consider why they made Prototyping required on Bots and attempt to apply the same logic to MPCs, imo.

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

thank you opticon.. that's why I'm making this petition

12 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-11-01 05:06:48)

Homer J Simpson wrote:

well heres the thing. ok so a T3 term Proto is 2.3bill. how you CT that proto How many runs from that CT could you make? 10? 20? Even if its 10 thats a build cost of 230m per station & for a T3 station that sounds very reasonable. You can then also extend the life of your CTs by combining old ones.

theres also a number of other ways you can cut production costs.

Having MPC proto buildings wouldnt be the end of the world & it would allow for market competition AND give new corps a way to a new gamma setup without us old farts giving away all the tech weve got.

untill then i will be happy to sell what T3 tech i have smile

I absolutely agree with you that the MPC's should require protos to make a CT.  I just meant that T3 terminals are not that common, and a gamma corp would probably use 1-2 per island, so I don't think the demand would match the costs of production even if you tried to sell them.  It just seems a little ridiculous when considering you would need 2.3 billion in materials to get a CT.  I don't think they should be really cheap to make, but 2.3 billion just seems completely out of reach for any new corp.  Like you said, you could always buy them, but it shouldn't be that prohibitively expensive to manufacture.

I think 2.3 billion is fair for a proto t3 terminal.. that makes the structures what ?  800 million each on the market.  sell 3 and your into profit.   Not every player should have the means to go and buy a t3 structure for sure only the big corps that are successful should have that much epeen.  Still, the t2 and t1 structures would sell better if they were available to be purchased.

14 (edited by Hunter 2013-11-01 07:43:00)

Hydra Merchant wrote:

I think 2.3 billion is fair for a proto t3 terminal.. that makes the structures what ?  800 million each on the market.  sell 3 and your into profit.   Not every player should have the means to go and buy a t3 structure for sure only the big corps that are successful should have that much epeen.  Still, the t2 and t1 structures would sell better if they were available to be purchased.

Tell me bud: How many t3 terminals you built? How many sold?..

Why the crybabies wins?

Martha Stuart wrote:

I absolutely agree with you that the MPC's should require protos to make a CT.... but 2.3 billion just seems completely out of reach

It does seem a high cost BUT the T3 terminal is the most sophisticated piece of tech in the game and its cost should reflect that.

Incidentally, is that 2.3b NIC cost calculated with the corp research bonus to prototyping or without?

16 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-11-01 12:05:01)

i have said this long ago with the industry some other changes. last time with the research patch.

structures should have prototypes because the research is hard to get and you should be able to capitalize on that. the structure prototypes might need other rules as the items and/or producable units from the cts have to be changed for them, but in general yes to prototypes for structures.

pll (like me) should not be able to endless copy this without the proper research.

hunter I'm one person.  I just sold 10 seth mk2's and I have another order for 10 more.  That's more than enough to buy an 800m t3 terminal.  Thoes prices are not difficult for a corp of 5 or 10 to achieve. I think a T3 terminal shouldn't be sold like candy... make the players work for it.  But more importantly REWARD the players who invest the kernals into research and produce the structures.  Give us a system where we don't sell our tech every sale.

Well, with both corp and personal research done, the multiplier is 5x. tongue

We need protos for structures. It just makes sense. Just think how broken it would be to be able to RE T4 mods. Having to proto structures would make it more difficult to build a huge gamma island, which is a good thing. And it gives some nice end game goals and content for a corp to be able to attempt to achieve. As it sits know, there is really no point in ever spending time or kernels unlocking any more t3 structure research. When I can just RE 1 of everything.

But I bet the DEVs already know this and it falls on the "To-Do" list somewhere...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

20 (edited by Hunter 2013-11-02 08:36:50)

Hydra Merchant wrote:

hunter I'm one person.  I just sold 10 seth mk2's and I have another order for 10 more.  That's more than enough to buy an 800m t3 terminal.  Thoes prices are not difficult for a corp of 5 or 10 to achieve. I think a T3 terminal shouldn't be sold like candy... make the players work for it.  But more importantly REWARD the players who invest the kernals into research and produce the structures.  Give us a system where we don't sell our tech every sale.

i don't care about your deals for seths. How many terminals you built?.. Just i suspect that you don't even know what you're talking about.

To be clear: How many t3 main terminals you can build by using 1 CT?

Why the crybabies wins?

I built 2 terminals, upgrading my gama to t3 now.  Why focus on just terminals.  What about factory upgrades.  Why should I buy only 1 when I need 40.  Market doesn't support this, and the current state of MPC makes it hard for anyone to justify putting research into structures.

Hydra Merchant wrote:

I built 2 terminals, upgrading my gama to t3 now.

Did you seen the CT wearout?..

Why the crybabies wins?

I've burned out a few Gama structure ct's already.  Recoup cost with recombination.  I'm not trying to argue that T3 terminals would be ridiculous expensive. I'm trying to argue that the system for all other buildings is also broken under the current system.  I'd like to make money selling these structures and I can't.  I'd also like to buy buildings I don't have tech for and the market isn't there for that either.

Hydra Merchant wrote:

I've burned out a few Gama structure ct's already.  Recoup cost with recombination.  I'm not trying to argue that T3 terminals would be ridiculous expensive. I'm trying to argue that the system for all other buildings is also broken under the current system.  I'd like to make money selling these structures and I can't.  I'd also like to buy buildings I don't have tech for and the market isn't there for that either.

The problem is not in manufacuring system. The problem in lack of demand. Nobody need it because of nobody plays. neutral

Why the crybabies wins?

the higher costs are not the problem. this can be reballanced otherwise.

the main point is that ppl that dont have the research should not be able to build their own ct/prototype