Topic: New bots and specialized equipment

So i reupped for a month to check out whats been going on in perpetuum.  there is some cool stuff comng and its nice to see the big in coming revamp of some major systems.  After playing all weekend, i had some ideas for higher tier variant bots. 

Sniper / Artillary:
Light bot chassis able to equip medium turrets or missle launchers.  Bonuses to fitting medium size weapons and locking range and sensors. Or they need spotters(?)

Scouts
Bonus to movement sensors and chassis and cargo scanners, less firepower than t1 chassis or only short range weaponry

Scavengers
Bots specialized in artifact scanning.  Light armaments bot with bonus to geoscammers with artifact charges.

Also specialized weapons and ammo for long and short ranges for all bots. 

Sorry if some or all of this has been suggested.  Im thinking im resubbing so hopefully i'll see ya out there

Re: New bots and specialized equipment

...the next one "brilliant idea" roll

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Blorturmur wrote:

geoscammers

I like that word. It's perfect for people who are selling a scanning result for a location that has been already mined empty.

But in all seriousness, new bots will of course come once we find the time and resources to do them.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Blorturmur wrote:

geoscammers

I like that word. It's perfect for people who are selling a scanning result for a location that has been already mined empty.

But in all seriousness, new bots will of course come once we find the time and resources to do them.

As i was telling beastmodes last night, or whatever their name is, if i dont put it out there i'll forget the idea.  But yea i know devs are busy atm with more important things. 

Heres another idea:
"turtles":  heavy mechs that are extremly slow moving and project a large shield around themselves and anyone else that fits inside the radius.  Maybe a total of 4 - 6 bots or mechs not including the turtle itself.  Pels would maybe have the stongest but not necessarily the biggest.

Need robots with large volume of cargo roll

They already have large capacity cargo robots.  Please see the Scarab MK2 which holds 900U!

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator

Lonwolf wrote:

They already have large capacity cargo robots.  Please see the Scarab MK2 which holds 900U!

this is no high volume.

high volume means that you can transport materials and products worth of weeks of mining/production. even a scarab mk2 is abrely able to do the job of hauling the mined stuff back from the field (for high skilled players)
a riv mk2 is easy to mine that scarab full in a few hours. on some ores even faster.
and im only talking about mysef. im not talking about a corp standing with 10 or more of these bots on a field.

ore fields on gamma hold around 3500u of stuff. a good corp can empty that in a short ammount of time if they dedicate to it.

large transportation would be 50-100ku. that would be a fighter class. able to move big stuff. but also a big plunder if it blows up. big_smile

Lonwolf wrote:

900U is very little cargo, when transportation 15-20k units

Ok scratch the turtle name.  The shield mech is now the parasol class and the tortuga is now a quadraped heavy.  Able to carry 1500u and hold up to 3 sparks not including the pilot.  The tortuga class also can also hold 3 unpacked light or EW bots for field deployment.  The tortuga, being very lightly armed, (typically one launcher or turret) is also equipped with an experimental fabricator.  This device allows the tortuga to quickly fabricate a number of small explosive homing mines.  Thes mines will track and hit  a single target until it is destroyed.  The fabrication process is not instant and the tortuga requires a few minutes to build up a suitable reserve of mines before deployment.  While the fabricator can fit on other mechs, its mostly useless without a large cargohold for fabrication and the toruga's bonuses.

large robot with many hp, cargo 10-12k and inability to use the teleport beacons