Re: Epriton to be removed from gamma islands

Tux wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

Yeah its the static npcs on Beta that's the issue.  Now are you planning on fixing spark teleports too OR removing the lockout mechanics on beta stations?

+1 spark teleport needs to change for this. Anyone can spark quickly on the 3 betas and do the 'rounds' with detector alt, no one is gonna mine but the larger force.

there's actually 6 betas roll

Lock out mechanic should stay as is

you may think changing sparks will do something to ease this change but people with more than 1 or 2 accouynts will easily avoid and SpT cool down penalties

Because it only takes 5 minutes to be on another beta island from the npc terminal. roll

Like Tux just said, they'll work around it.  That's why SpT need a 4 hour cool down.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I would be fine with more of the current roaming spawns to replace all the static ones dont need to do anything fancy.

It just seems counter to what the devs are trying to move towards (randomly generated content) to keep static npc spawns

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

28 (edited by Hunter 2013-09-04 18:11:01)

...Lol. Epi fields will be removed after Landers purging. Nice work DeVs.

Anyway let's look in the future: Now it's actual because of lack population.
We have 6 beta islands with 3 fields per each = 18 fields - against 24 gamma isand. Where able deploy 288 terminals for different corps. There are lot of aggressive NPC spawns. So in some time we will get epi fields under that NPC's and diffitsit of epriton. Especially we will face with the problem in case of STEAM annoncement.

In addition raises a question: what for we need gammas? It will becames to alphas with colixium. I have to remind you that colixium useless without epi.

...DeV's. You have really rare skill in creating problems for yourself. Although, maybe you just decided to finally kill your game... Who knows.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

There are 2 reasons that come to my mind now why static spawns have to stay for now:
1. missions
2. bad roaming AI

Celebro wrote:
Tux wrote:
Celebro wrote:

+1 spark teleport needs to change for this. Anyone can spark quickly on the 3 betas and do the 'rounds' with detector alt, no one is gonna mine but the larger force.

there's actually 6 betas roll

Lock out mechanic should stay as is

you may think changing sparks will do something to ease this change but people with more than 1 or 2 accouynts will easily avoid and SpT cool down penalties

the other 3 beta could be locked they have no terminal roll

I use to ninja mine back in the day .... I didn't have a terminal to dock in back then yarr

DEV Zoom wrote:

There are 2 reasons that come to my mind now why static spawns have to stay for now:
1. missions
2. bad roaming AI

Keep up Zoom. There are too much ppl in your game. smile

Why the crybabies wins?

Hunter wrote:

I have to remind you that colixium useless without epi.

...which is a good thing.

Anyway, which one is more likely:
1. Players stop mining epriton because of scary NPCs, and they resort to fighting with low tier equipment.
2. Players adapt, life goes on.

33 (edited by Heliaso 2013-09-04 18:18:07)

How mining mission will work on beta if the field is under NPC ?

It's impossible to tank them with an industrial bot.

34 (edited by Hunter 2013-09-04 18:20:54)

---

Why the crybabies wins?

35 (edited by Line 2013-09-04 18:20:43)

or 3. Players are too upset of changes and leave smile

actually, jsut one thing - for the love of God DO NOT TOUCH NORA ON GAMMAS

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

DEV Zoom wrote:
Hunter wrote:

1. Players stop mining epriton because of scary NPCs, and they resort to fighting with low tier equipment.

Man... People leave. Nobody will adapt to your every whim.

Why the crybabies wins?

Hunter: telling the same conspiracy theory over and over won't make it true. Honestly the only reason I have the slighest idea that something was (is?) going on on Landers were the bug reports. (/offtopic)

Good Job Zoom!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

39 (edited by Celebro 2013-09-04 18:27:46)

You gave us gamma so we don't have to ninja mine epriton or have combat bots defending an island doing nothing.

Epriton is a very important resource we need and it's been made exclusive to beta, another poor attempt to cure low population, I thought you guys learned your lesson, with knee jerk changes.

RIP PERPETUUM

This is certainly going to change things.

CIR brainstormed this just before gamma released, as there was a rumor that gamma was not going to have Epi on it. And we lived it for a while after release, having mnf. in dana while building up gamma.

It's extrordinarily difficult to.

I can't disagree that gamma is self-suffcient, but with this you have straddled the indy players with all the extra work; directly with hauling and indirectly by putting them back in direct line of fire.

As a side note, this also removes reduces the area's where ninja miners are able to go.

I was thinking about coming back, but I'm going to wait some more. The added indy work is too much for the expected return.

The game's going to really have to prove to me now that it has potential before I'll go back to hostile mining and hours of transport.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Hunter: telling the same conspiracy theory over and over won't make it true. Honestly the only reason I have the slighest idea that something was (is?) going on on Landers were the bug reports. (/offtopic)

One words/two letters: Do...

Why the crybabies wins?

Heliaso wrote:

How mining mission will work on beta if the field is under NPC ?

It's impossible to tank them with an industrial bot.

Well, how did they work so far? As far as I know there are missions right now asking for other minerals than epriton.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Unless you add a new set of bots or modules that need Colixum, gamma will be just as useless as beta was.

For some Corps this change is only a good thing ...
Positives:
increase in Epri price
increase in t3 & t4 mod price
increase in mech mk1 & mk2 price
increase in pvp
increase in tears from corps who dont control beta islands lol
increase in difficulty for new industrial players to challenge powerhouse industrial corps
increase in the "worth" of beta islands

Cons:
all the small indy guys who just got all the t4 items they wanted through the recent research change wont be able to make it on the scale they dreamed because they will have to only ninja small amounts from the betas they can sneak on.

I cant fall a sleep mining epri any more fuuu

Non beta holding corps will have to ninja or take stations to get to the "goods"

in any case Zoom is correct players will adapt .. but it will be much harder for some than others esp thos who have in the recent past deleted thousands upon thousands of U in commodities equipment and other items wink

Tux wrote:

Non beta holding corps will have to ninja or take stations to get to the "goods"

If I was going to do it, I wouldn't bother owning a beta outpost. It's too much defending for no gain.

We would live on alpha, and wouldn't have to Ninja mine. We would just go in with suffcient force and take it over for an 'epi day'. Meanwhile indy would mine all week long on alpha while pvp players go out and harrass beta owners.

Arga wrote:

This is certainly going to change things.

CIR brainstormed this just before gamma released, as there was a rumor that gamma was not going to have Epi on it. And we lived it for a while after release, having mnf. in dana while building up gamma.

It's extrordinarily difficult to.

I can't disagree that gamma is self-suffcient, but with this you have straddled the indy players with all the extra work; directly with hauling and indirectly by putting them back in direct line of fire.

As a side note, this also removes reduces the area's where ninja miners are able to go.

I was thinking about coming back, but I'm going to wait some more. The added indy work is too much for the expected return.

The game's going to really have to prove to me now that it has potential before I'll go back to hostile mining and hours of transport.

+1 Is gamma too self sufficient? YES

Is this the way to fix it? NO

RIP PERPETUUM

Zoom, you seriously have to address the issue of raw material spawns under NPCs on Beta.

Its not about wanting easy mode its about wanting possible mode.

You can't kill the things because you can't clear them away - they just keep re-spawning and explosion damage will get you in the end if you get a corp mate to kill while you mine.
You can't drain/neut them out without getting a couple of players to stand around for hours doing nothing while you mine.
A miner certainly can't tank them and mine.

Something has to change.

Tux: there is a chance that the amount of epriton traded on the market will go up too. Unless everyone stays in the "I HAVE to mine it myself, that's the only way" mindset.

49 (edited by Burial 2013-09-04 18:45:03)

A lot of crying about something that clearly should have been done a while ago.

If you think mining Epriton is too dangerous for you or the NPCs will touch you in a bad way, then you have option to buy it from open market. Players will adapt and more PVP opportunities is only a good thing.

All I see change now is that players will start to throw weekend Epriton ops on betas. There will be PVP bots, scouts and everything like back in older times. As for disabling a spawn so miners can mine - you just need an EW bot or two. The AI is often so dumb you could just use an Arkhe and be done with it. I don't think devs need to care too much about NPC spawns and fields simply because mining Epriton won't really be one man's job anymore.

As for newbies having access to epriton, they can get a masked Termis or two and ninja couple million without much issues.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Zoom, you seriously have to address the issue of raw material spawns under NPCs on Beta.

Its not about wanting easy mode its about wanting possible mode.

You can't kill the things because you can't clear them away - they just keep re-spawning and explosion damage will get you in the end if you get a corp mate to kill while you mine.
You can't drain/neut them out without getting a couple of players to stand around for hours doing nothing while you mine.
A miner certainly can't tank them and mine.

Something has to change.

Mine all the epi spots until they are under NPC's, then mine a different island.