Topic: NPCs, MPC and masking.

Maybe this is not exactly bug. But your masking not works on NPCs and MPC's turret. By my opinion this is not correct. So it have to be changed..

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: NPCs, MPC and masking.

What makes you think that it's broken? My admin bot has a lot of masking and turrets only lock me within a 100 meters.

3 (edited by Hunter 2013-08-26 02:16:37)

My masked Zenith with masker aura has been locked by enemy turrets on 2 km distance - their maximum lock range. I would understand 1-1,5 km. But this...

Why the crybabies wins?

4 (edited by Burial 2013-08-26 02:28:20)

I've ran some tests and it has worked like it should and predictably. The triple lvl3 sensor booster turrets should have 506.25 detection.

Are you talking about the regular aura or emitter aura?
If regular then it's working like it should, if emitter buff then I need to run more tests.

Burial wrote:

I've ran some tests and it has worked like it should and predictably. The triple lvl3 sensor booster turrets should have 506.25 detection.

If regular then it's working like it should, if emitter buff then I need to run more tests.

506? hmm... i think it is too much..

Why the crybabies wins?

6 (edited by Tux 2013-08-26 16:51:03)

Hunter wrote:
Burial wrote:

506? hmm... i think it is too much..

you can get much higher masking in a ewar bot with masking module /aura / masking structure around 600

that being said .. from the numbers it doesn't seem like there is a bug ((506.25/100)*1000) this turret can see you at just over 5k if your not masking at all.....

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.