1 (edited by Hunter 2013-08-10 05:39:49)

Topic: Gamma Mining towers

I have to ask DeV's to implement some buff for current mining towers. It would be wonderful to increase resources amount in tiles around it by 200%/400%/600% depending on tech level of mining tower.

Main idea in that, robots gather resources only on ground surface. But there are should be vein underground. Mining towers should help exctract it.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Gamma Mining towers

that is a intresting idea. in general this will make no big difference because resources on a island are already infinite.

but for the normal ores you normaly dont set up a mining tower because its not realy worth the time and the fields deplete too fast. with this idea it would be worth doing so and take benefit for the other minerals besides colixum to get the mining bonus.

Perhaps to balance it make miners use more accu?

Burial wrote:

Perhaps to balance it make miners use more accu?

I mean only resources amount in tiles. Not extraction amount.

Why the crybabies wins?

5 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-10 14:38:13)

Mining towers not only allow the extraction of colixium, but also increases mining amount extracted, therefore increasing the amount of resources per tile.

Edit: This only works for colixium if you request is for all ore types then I think its a good addition and incentive to mine on gamma.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Mining towers not only allow the extraction of colixium, but also increases mining amount extracted, therefore increasing the amount of resources per tile.

Edit: This only works for colixium if you request is for all ore types then I think its a good addition and incentive to mine on gamma.

Err... No. It hasn't worked like that since 1st June 2012.

The amount of raw material in a single tile is fixed - you can see exactly how much is itheret by dropping a universal geoscanner charge on a tile. The only thing that modules, extensions and mining towers alter is the amount extracted per cycle and the duration of a cycle. A day 1 noob will get the same raw material out of a tile as 1 million EP Riveler MK2 toon.

... and the extraction per cycle bonus on a mining tower applies to all non-organic raw materials

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Err... No. It hasn't worked like that since 1st June 2012.

The amount of raw material in a single tile is fixed - you can see exactly how much is itheret by dropping a universal geoscanner charge on a tile. The only thing that modules, extensions and mining towers alter is the amount extracted per cycle and the duration of a cycle. A day 1 noob will get the same raw material out of a tile as 1 million EP Riveler MK2 toon.

... and the extraction per cycle bonus on a mining tower applies to all non-organic raw materials

I was aware of the changes that, raw material in a single tile is fixed; except for the mining tower bonus I think. If it works for other materials I don't remember, so I can't be sure.

RIP PERPETUUM

-1 dumbest thing ever hunter.  Maybe hand from *** more?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

+1 that would make mining a titan ore less traumatic.

It's a nice idea , since buidling a mining tower is only worth it for colixium.

RIP PERPETUUM

+1

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Mining tower transform solid mineral in liquid mineral, no ?

Heliaso wrote:

Lol

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

why not make mining towers mine the minerals, minerals would accumulate in the mining towers "hopper" and would have to be emptied by players. .. would make good targets for people to attack wink

could also take this one step further and make it the ONLY way to gather minerals on gamma... beta /alpha would stay unchanged... just a thought

Tux wrote:

why not make mining towers mine the minerals, minerals would accumulate in the mining towers "hopper" and would have to be emptied by players. .. would make good targets for people to attack wink

could also take this one step further and make it the ONLY way to gather minerals on gamma... beta /alpha would stay unchanged... just a thought

You can't make a such a passive gathering resource competing with miners in alpha or beta. It would have to be materials that don't compete with miner's materials.

RIP PERPETUUM

16 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-12 00:22:41)

Heliaso wrote:

Interesting, but I think too much of an advantage for gamma. We don't want to widen the gap between beta gamma mining even more.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Tux wrote:

You can't make a such a passive gathering resource competing with miners in alpha or beta. It would have to be materials that don't compete with miner's materials.

New tech maybe ? new minerals?

Tux wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Tux wrote:

This if done right could be of benefit as long as new minerals don't compete with miners. Added need for energy and extractors connected to mining towers with low hp, so it needs to be well defended and fed.

RIP PERPETUUM

Not this passive stuff...again...

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Tux wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Tux wrote:

I had hoped before Gamma had come out that Colix. mining would work this way.

This encourages 2000000 corps to live on one island.  Bad thing.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

This encourages 2000000 corps to live on one island.  Bad thing.

Wish we had that problem, its possible now for 200000 corps to live in one anyways.

RIP PERPETUUM

bump
i would like to know DeV's opinion

Why the crybabies wins?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKOHViKfa70

active mining over falling asleep at keyboard while mining smile

more options over nothing