326 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-13 07:46:22)

Re: Spark Teleports

It's a proxy for a missing system, but with no penalty its Ultra Overpowered.  I would even go so far as to say MEGA overpowered.   ;p

I would also like to point out something opposite.

If I were running these missions 24/7, I wouldnt even be participating in this thread.  I would be saying "holy crap, I hope they dont nerf this yet"

.. but, i am not grinding.

I know its busted and I am here to try and point out some examples of why.

I can admit that without hesitating.  You guys wont even acknowledge it.

What are you guys up to like 5 millions tokens? 10 million?

Tux wrote:

my point is that you need a working form of transportation ... saprk teleport fills that hole..

I also disagree, Interzones fill that hole.   Sparks were put in so every last person wouldnt quit and to kinda band-aid the missions.

Gunner wrote:

It's a proxy for a missing system, but with no penalty its Ultra Overpowered.  I would even go so far as to say MEGA overpowered.   ;p

I would also like to point out something opposite.

If I were running these missions 24/7, I wouldnt even be participating in this thread.  I would be saying "holy crap, I hope they dont nerf this yet"

.. but, i am not grinding.

I know its busted and I am here to try and point out some examples of why.

I can admit that without hesitating.  You guys wont even acknowledge it.

Because everyone here is one the same side of the issue. We know it's busted, and we know it's going to change. You're just screaming against a wall while everyone is playing outside.

This is my hyper forums mode.

It is a rare treat.

Jumping from topic to topic hoping something will stick.  At this point I know your not reading anyone else's posts.
Is this drunk Gunner, sleep deprived Gunner, or try hard Gunner?
As Doek just summed it up in simple enough terms all the Gunners out there can understand it.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I want to take time within this page to remind people a 1 hr cooldown is a fair compromise.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Gunner ,
What islands are you referring to specifically .. because you make a lot of assumptions, and say people do a lot of stuff that I dont think you have a clue about. or are you referring to 1 guy hitting 4 saps in a row? on islands on opposite sides of the map?

Perp is much faster than EVE in many ways espically outpost control / sovereignty your not going to lose sov in a few days like you can an outpost. unless your just a complete wack off

in EVE players dont LIVE !! in 1/10th of the space they control .. theres a few main systems where people gather and sort of spread outwards from there. .

people dont live in every POS an alliance owns they patrol/refuel them and get on with their day.

All i hear you asking for is a passive lock out / stay in place / do less mechanic .  . ... to run from pvp

you know theres a lot of single player games on the market for you wink

its your DECISION to go out and pvp ...  live or die with it.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Ville wrote:

I want to take time within this page to remind people a 1 hr cooldown is a fair compromise.

Spark Teleport is working as intended and is a balanced mechanic

Hey gunner & ville I just found your solution .... big_smile

have 30 minute / 1 hour pvp timers lol ... so if you go pvp your stuck out on island in open terrain for 30/60 minutes rather you just ganked some one or you sparked into defend the argano.

that way there is a DECISION that needs to be made. fight or dont fight all up to you.

The guys that use spark teleport to make industry bearable can go along with their day

doing this the devs would also need to remove pvp flags from stupid things like dropping plasma/chem bombs which are used frequently to kill plants

334 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2013-08-13 08:36:56)

In 53 posts time this will be the most replied to thread in Perpetuum history.

I think it has run its course now.

Also all Ewar should have LOS.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

This topic should remain open.  I'm sure it will be vividly remembered after Steam launch.

Remembered by you? Sure. It would be strange if you stop posting here by some reason.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

You could only hope.

339 (edited by Burial 2013-08-13 14:06:58)

Tux wrote:

Hey gunner & ville I just found your solution .... big_smile

have 30 minute / 1 hour pvp timers lol ... so if you go pvp your stuck out on island in open terrain for 30/60 minutes rather you just ganked some one or you sparked into defend the argano.

that way there is a DECISION that needs to be made. fight or dont fight all up to you.

The guys that use spark teleport to make industry bearable can go along with their day

doing this the devs would also need to remove pvp flags from stupid things like dropping plasma/chem bombs which are used frequently to kill plants

Thats a funny solution and actually fixes a lot of the "problems" these guys raised. If that change suits them is another matter though.. as it has come out, the issue is not spark teleportation, its STC. lol

Merkle wrote:

+1

Burial wrote:
Merkle wrote:

+1

Ouch, that's gonna take getting some used to. Would make things more interesting though.

Dear STC,

Would you guys leave if they introduced a cool down to SpT? Honest question.

RIP PERPETUUM

I am all for discussing Perp game features, but I am a little confused what EVE has to do with spark teleport... I never played much EVE, and would appreciate we leave other games mechanics out of our conversations.... And by the way gunner, pretty sure no one runs missions anymore. But keep up the good fight man. Don't let a little thing like the facts get in the way of a good argument. Broken missions and spark teleport are 2 totally different conversations.

And as Lemon says, (Cant believe I am agreeing with him) All they have to do to restore balance to beta stations is log in a few guys and start hitting saps. We cant be at all of them. Half of these beta outposts could be taken with very little effort TBH. But that is apparently more effort than you are willing to put in. It is much easier to fight the battle on the forums. That way you don't risk any of your precious assets.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

After mission changes and spark teleporting as it is now, I have thought this through and random assignments won't change much, mission will still be broken with instant spark teleport.

Infact,  every time you introduce some new features ingame you really need to look at instant teleportation just in case new system is broken, I can see the happen time and time again and until they fix the big elephant in the room.

RIP PERPETUUM

344 (edited by Merkle 2013-08-13 16:08:53)

Celebro wrote:

Dear STC,

Yea...holding the Dev's hostage...that always worked right?

Better question, will you leave if they dont?

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Dear STC,

Yea...holding the Dev's hostage...that always worked right?

Better question, will you leave if they dont?

Don't think so, I'm not into warfare, but I think it's better for the game even though I take advantage of this for industry.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

After mission changes and spark teleporting as it is now, I have thought this through and random assignments won't change much, mission will still be broken with instant spark teleport.

Infact,  every time you introduce some new features ingame you really need to look at instant teleportation just in case new system is broken, I can see the happen time and time again and until they fix the big elephant in the room.

This is the same for anything you can never just add in a feature with out looking at the rest of the system and how it will work with the rest of the game mechanics.

+1 for 60 minute pvp timers !!!

Celebro wrote:

Dear STC,

You would see a massive change in the way the game is played ... not for the better

Also when I say All Ewar has LOS, I dont mean S-Demobs, those are fine.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

holy sht, did someone in that mess acutally suggest that theme-park travel mounts would actually be a good idea in a sandbox game ...

I can't be bothered to go back and reread it, the last couple pages was just fluff.

But, I'm hoping we can get to 20 pages, so keep posting it.

I've decided to change my position to "Its broken". This way the opposition doesn't look so bad when they keep saying "Its working", and it's easier to type.

SpT is nearly one year old, this is the celebration of it?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Yea Gunner was running his WOW soapbox really hard last night.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13