Topic: I may just be missing something obvious.. but..

Okay, so I use a Waspish and I was told that I should be hunting the Thelodica bots, as I am strongest against their primary damage type, and I can use chemo missles to take advantage of their lowest.

So I have now gone out and hunted them once again and failed miserably(didn't blow up but closer than I would care to be considering I can hunt other pelistals and be safer)

http://www.mediafire.com/?0dwaeukb96vo7ed (This is a link to my agent in PP)

My current equipment is:

Waspish
5x Standard Missile Launchers - Chemoactive Missiles
3x Standard Missile Tuners
1x A150 Small Armor Repairer Prototype
1x Universal Hardener

-----
Now here is my dilemma, Thelodica bots are suppose to be my target of choice.
But.
I can kill 3 star Pelistal bots with no problem(Dps type)
And 3 star dps Thelodica's eat my face.

I hit them for around 42ish per missile, I hit the Pelistals for about 35.
But by the time 1 Thelodica is at 3/4 which is taking 10 missiles per launcher(which is rediculous in my opinion in the first place)

I would be at roughly 1/4 with repper running the entire time, and getting hit for about 12 dmg on average per hit from their lasers.

Sooo.. What in the world am I doing wrong, and am I the only person having this issue.

Re: I may just be missing something obvious.. but..

Why are you even letting them get in range of shooting you? They have lasers which require LOS, you have missiles which are the longest range weapons in the game.

3 (edited by Vatellus 2010-12-06 09:27:11)

I think you are doing it backwards. I run a Thelodica and target Numiqols (Which are the same class as Waspish if I'm not mistaken) and typically own them, compared to my performance against other robots.

If I am not mistaken in a Waspish and doing PvE mobshooting you would want to ideally be shooting Pelistals.

4 (edited by You_See_Me_Rollin 2010-12-06 09:29:46)

Campana wrote:

Why are you even letting them get in range of shooting you? They have lasers which require LOS, you have missiles which are the longest range weapons in the game.

I guess I hadn't thought of just kiting them.. On that note..

What would you suggest for a loadout Campana? If you don't mind me asking.

Vatellus wrote:

I think you are doing it backwards. I run a Thelodica and target Numiqols (Which are the same class as Waspish if I'm not mistaken) and typically own them, compared to my performance against other robots.

Waspish would be green bots, Nuimqol are blue.

1.  You're not using any sensor amps.  For PvE you should be using at least 1 if not 2 for best kiting possible.  Damage tunings wont make a huge difference until you get higher tier ones, but you should still be fitting at least 1.

2.  You're not fitting a lightweight frame.  You can kite past their locking range to avoid all damage, so buffing or armor isnt even needed.  Remove your hardener for this.

3.  You should be using sonic missiles not chemo, as sonic is their lowest resist, and sonic does more total damage anyway.

Kiting is the key in small numbers pve.  NPC's will rarely be faster than you and lock farther than you (except ewar), so speed and lock range is your best option.  Your missile range should be easily farther than the lower npc's locking range in a Waspish with level 4 basic robotics.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:

1.  You're not using any sensor amps.  For PvE you should be using at least 1 if not 2 for best kiting possible.  Damage tunings wont make a huge difference until you get higher tier ones, but you should still be fitting at least 1.

2.  You're not fitting a lightweight frame.  You can kite past their locking range to avoid all damage, so buffing or armor isnt even needed.  Remove your hardener for this.

3.  You should be using sonic missiles not chemo, as sonic is their lowest resist, and sonic does more total damage anyway.

Kiting is the key in small numbers pve.  NPC's will rarely be faster than you and lock farther than you (except ewar), so speed and lock range is your best option.  Your missile range should be easily farther than the lower npc's locking range in a Waspish with level 4 basic robotics.

Thank you for your help Neoxx(And Campana).
I'm refitting now to give it another go.

Just remember that M2S is always willing to help.  If you need anything, dont be afraid to head out to Hokkogaros where we live.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:

Just remember that M2S is always willing to help.  If you need anything, dont be afraid to head out to Hokkogaros where we live.

I don't want help buying a new Waspish wink

You_See_Me_Rollin wrote:

Thank you for your help Neoxx(And Campana).
I'm refitting now to give it another go.

Good luck smile

You_See_Me_Rollin wrote:

I don't want help buying a new Waspish

LOL. Poor Neoxx will be so disappointed.