Topic: Terrain updating while terraforming

with last patch:

terrain is updating very strange. i sit right in front of my proble and cant see whats its doing. could even walk close and no update, then after a while it "pops" up. you could not enter the ärea because it was already terraformed, but it wa snot visible.

Re: Terrain updating while terraforming

That same tweak might be affecting harvesting Noralgis too (although I haven't seen it again now for a while after harvesting, and killing, the first plant I did after the patch).

The beacon-induced slowdown (which makes accumulators die) seems to be gone though.

in most cases you have to relog to see the changes.

We're looking into it. Looks like the update between terrain cells is broken. (1 cell is a 64x64 tile area) If you are in one cell and something happens in another like terraforming, or plants die, you don't get an update.

DEV Zoom wrote:

We're looking into it. Looks like the update between terrain cells is broken. (1 cell is a 64x64 tile area) If you are in one cell and something happens in another like terraforming, or plants die, you don't get an update.

I wouldn't mind one or more in-depth (technical) dev blogs on the subject big_smile

fix is out