Re: Super Blue Polka Dot Alliance - greenlight ace-in-the-hole

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ah yeah, I was talking about multiboxing in my posts, sorry for the confusion and thanks Zortarg for reminding me smile
And yes it's near impossible to fight it, since we don't want to compromise normal gameplay experience while doing so.

That's quite the difference wink

As far as the followbot discussion, creating dedicated robots for the logistics-role, preferably with low masking, good speed, a tiny amount of hitpoints and some impressive bonuses on remote repair/transfer modules (range, amount of accumulator used, cycle time, etc.). should do the trick. Make following mean certain death for this type of robot. This also means these robots need to be worth specializing into.

No need to eliminate/fiddle with, current mechanics. All these discussions are fed into by the low population. Which is not the point anyway, since that is merely the result of underlying issues.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ah yeah, I was talking about multiboxing in my posts, sorry for the confusion and thanks Zortarg for reminding me smile
And yes it's near impossible to fight it, since we don't want to compromise normal gameplay experience while doing so.

what exactly is that "normal gameplay experience" that could be compromised by putting more thought into what makes your game multiboxing hell, instead of multiplayer heaven?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

28 (edited by Gunner 2013-07-08 21:39:04)

If the game went Steam one account free-to-play whatever, I wouldnt even argue against it any more because the state of the game and population currently is a result of all decisions that have been made up to this point.

I just want a lot of people playing;  so I can shoot at them.

really don't care how it's achieved anymore

Gunner wrote:

If the game went Steam one account free-to-play whatever, I wouldnt even argue against it any more because the state of the game and population currently is a result of all decisions that have been made up to this point.

I just want a lot of people playing;  so I can shoot at them.

really don't care how it's achieved anymore

I kinda never thought of even agreeing with this before , but some F2P for a limited time only, to jump start the game again is not a bad idea. Get them playing first would be a start be all means necessary.

RIP PERPETUUM