Topic: New devblog: Status report - June

The latest devblog is here with our current status on the new research system and Steam:

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … port-june/

Re: New devblog: Status report - June

Good News smile

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thanks for the update!

So All the hard work many have put into the research system to be able to make all t4 stuff, Now we have to grind even more just to make what we currently can and spend even more EP. ( i dont care if its a complexity 1, its still 13,500 ep to get each skill to level 10 at complexity 1) And all this after 6 months.  Not bad.  And i think you had a typo .. you said steam at the end of summer... i think you meant winter.

.. or you can quit.

after you good sir.   after you

good work. keep it up!

Gooma wrote:

So All the hard work many have put into the research system to be able to make all t4 stuff, Now we have to grind even more just to make what we currently can and spend even more EP. ( i dont care if its a complexity 1, its still 13,500 ep to get each skill to level 10 at complexity 1) And all this after 6 months.  Not bad.  And i think you had a typo .. you said steam at the end of summer... i think you meant winter.

Zoom did mention going to a test server before going live.

If it's like the gamma test, you can spawn your character on that server, and see what how it crosses over. That will give players a chance to provide feedback if too much progress is lost.

i hope so arga. and i hope they listen

Pots now at 2.5 billion.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Feel free to fix fullscreen mode anytime soon.

Jasdemi wrote:

You mean borderless window right?

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

You mean borderless window right?

Aye

14 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2013-06-25 12:41:52)

Just out of interest are you keeping something sexy up your sleeve for the Steam launch - something you haven't told us about yet? A PvE revamp maybe? You've been awfully quiet on that one for many months and I know you'd done work on it.

I mean the research revamp is going to be brilliant but its hardly going to get new players excited.

Ludlow: the things that we want to achieve for the Steam launch are outlined in this blog. The reason we've been quiet on the mission system revamp is simply because we concentrate on one thing at a time. Once the research revamp is out, that one comes next.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ludlow: the things that we want to achieve for the Steam launch are outlined in this blog. The reason we've been quiet on the mission system revamp is simply because we concentrate on one thing at a time. Once the research revamp is out, that one comes next.

Zoom, you broke down that part of the dev dev blog into 2 stages. Does that mean 2 patches or will you incorporate the random assignments and the assignments changes themselves in one go?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Zoom, you broke down that part of the dev dev blog into 2 stages. Does that mean 2 patches or will you incorporate the random assignments and the assignments changes themselves in one go?

That's 2 patches, and the 2nd stage will likely happen only after the Steam launch.

Jasdemi wrote:

Just fixed it, sorry about that.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

Just fixed it, sorry about that.

Yay! <3

how will you put this game onto steam?

as finished product, or paid beta? (very popular these days)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

how will you put this game onto steam?

as finished product, or paid beta? (very popular these days)

Looking at similar products (Darkfall UW comes to mind), this game feels fresh and polished. Stop trolling.

Not to mention Perpetuum's subscription cost. Bitter vets are bitter I guess. big_smile

Enough bull *** Zoom!  You've given us the run around for months!  Get the friggin indy patch DONE!!!

wat

DeathPaw wrote:

Enough bull *** Zoom!  You've given us the run around for months!  Get the friggin indy patch DONE!!!

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … f-science/ cool