1 (edited by Jita 2013-05-27 17:52:06)

Topic: Base turrets

An established attack method that is used currently is to 'spam' a base with trial accounts.

The basic methodology is to give the ewar turrets too many targets to be effective. You bring twenty or thirty arkhe's to the siege which effectively ties up 40 ewar turrets. While they cycle its a bullsheet tactic.

My first thought to fix this would be allowing your turrets to only shoot via bot or mech type but for me that gets a little messy - especially as trial accounts can use right up to mech.

What I would suggest is to give turrets AI like rats. They would then prioritize crudely based upon threat.

Alongside this it is currently possible to terraform and construct using a gargoyle right out of the box as a trial account which imo is imbalanced.

Perhaps a better solution to both problems would be to prevent trial accounts from entering gamma.

Either way the main point to fix would be trial account usefulness in gamma level gameplay.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

2 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-05-27 21:13:14)

Re: Base turrets

still way too easy to overcome. fit a coulpe of ewar on these trials. give each a couple of your turrets as target and use modules. active agression. never will loose aggro again. same effect. just takes 30 more secs to do so.

maybe skyhigh walls with ew turrets behind it is not ment to be a effective defense... just a thought

but i agree that turrets need more ai... and maybe the changes that were promised some time ago... but i guess low priority atm.

Curious as to who has "Used" this method currently....

me too, I have never seen anybody use trial accounts to siege a base.  I have seen CIR use trial arkhes to blow up probes, but never a gamma base.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

still way too easy to overcome. fit a coulpe of ewar on these trials. give each a couple of your turrets as target and use modules. active agression. never will loose aggro again. same effect. just takes 30 more secs to do so.

This would at least require the arkes/trial to come near enough to a turret to aggres the turret, which is way harder on proper bases as just bring them near enough to be aggressed, but stay out of tower defense fire.

I just think trials shouldn't be on gamma tbh. Its end game content and too easily abused.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

maybe skyhigh walls with ew turrets behind it is not ment to be a effective defense... just a thought.

Pop quiz range fit RSA'd Seth shoots at?  Hitech Quad boosted lazer shoots at?

Which shoots further?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Short answer, it doesn't work out quite the way you think it does.

Throwing your gamma base out there, saying come attack me, then posting this to nerf any attack seems like a bit of back peddling on your part.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

9 (edited by Xadhoom 2013-05-28 21:44:10)

I would agree in regards to trial account being denied getting on gamma.

FYI - EWAR turret already have a priority list of targets, they target EWAR, then support, then combat.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"