Topic: The mobile teleporter revamp

Because this game has a wonderful way of bringing things into this game without thinking about the wonderful consequences of other aspects of this game I would like to suggest the following.

Standard Teleport beacons - Are Fine.

Armor Teleport Beacons - These teleports need their weight drastically increased.  The armor beacon should not be allowed to be carried in a light or an assault bot; however, a mech and  heavy should be able to carry just ONE of there.  The price of these beacons should be increased to 400K.

Emergency Telepot Beacons need a faster charge time.  The initial charge of the emergency needs to be halved and the reflecting cost of these beacons needs to be increased to 1 Mil.  Along with having the same weight restrictions as a Armor beacon as I suggested.

PVP has become a teleport beacon game now a days.  This is bad for the economy and for the player base.  This is creating nonconsequencal engagements and quite frankly has coined the term for the corp "STC" as the

"Standard Teleport Corporation"  smile

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

2 (edited by Burial 2013-03-31 23:45:10)

Re: The mobile teleporter revamp

Armored beacon could have longer charging time, but then also longer lifetime and bigger health. smile

I've always liked the idea of having a beacon that charges up faster than others but lasts only for few jumps(like 60sec charging time, 180sec total lifetime and 30sec between jumps) but then again the people I'd like to hunt with such beacon would start to use it and I'd be back in square 1.

3 (edited by Hunter 2013-04-01 02:29:25)

I'm agree. We need to change something somewhere. Because of it's much more interesting than implementing new content.
Especialy teleport beacons. It was revamped too few times. New one rewamp should be brilliant. Not matter how.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

*No jumping through ANY teleporter (deployable or fixed) with a PVP Flag. There, I just fixed PVP.

Tund Bungler wrote:

*No jumping through ANY teleporter (deployable or fixed) with a PVP Flag. There, I just fixed PVP.

There, you just gave advantage to responding side so no you're NOT fixed PVP.

Hunters post is the best one so far in this thread.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I'd rather prefer teleport beacons as player-created items, so demand/supply and their weight (volume?) will determine their price. Based on commodities, standards could be slightly cheaper, emergency/armored slightly more expensive.

The price and weight of the armored teleport does not reflect it's usefulness in PVP, being the only beacon that is impossible to kill in a timely manner without insanely superior firepower.

The masking of the armored and emergency beacons does not compute with the price & weight.

Most mechs, heavies and their Mk2 variants can carry 3+ beacons in their cargo, smaller stuff 1-2+ beacons. They are so cheap its foolish not to spam them.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

If there are any changes made to this system i would much like to see the teleports reflect their purpose, and have very different functionality.

Standard should be a 120 second spin up time with the same 10 minute life time and be 1 U to carry (1 jump per 30 seconds) 100K Nic ~
masking 25
HP 500
Range 5000M same island only

Emergency should have a sub 60 second spin up time with a 5 minute life time and be 2 U to carry (1jump per 10 seconds) 500k Nic
masking 150
HP 1000
Range 7500M same island only

Armored should be 3 minute spin up time 15 minute life time 4 U to carry (1 jump per 45 seconds) 1Mill Nic
masking 50
HP 10000
Range 10,000M same island only

Interzone should be a 5 minute spin up time 20 minute life time 50U to carry (1 jump per 1 minute) 5 mill NIc
masking 1
HP 5000
Range 45,000M

make the teleports different with a purpose !!

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

-1 to tuxes idea.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

-1 to tuxes idea.

Agreed,   lowering the weight just goes to the same issue.... ppl carrying and using them like candy.... ya u can shoot standards easy but many of them might be just annoying.   

The idea making the armor one heavier makes sense.   ARMORED meaning what more metal plates or w/e to protect it ? meaning its heavier and bulkier ?   Just a thought

Dont think standards need a change

Emergencies so far work fine .... i guess they will get a change or too as well if this gets implemented