Topic: Kernels in the patch

So I know that the DEVs have claimed we will be "reimbursed" for the amount of kernels we have already researched. Now what does this mean? How are you going about that? Does it mean every kernel that hit or not with research will be refunded? Or does it mean that somehow you have one of the Devs locked in a closet trying to reverse engineer our finished research and match that to some kind of point value and ultimately screwing us? Please clarify because it directly effects us now actually.

Re: Kernels in the patch

Aye.

I don't think we ever said that we'll compensate based on kernels, because that's not possible to do. We'll convert actual researched knowledge base items into research points.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I don't think we ever said that we'll compensate based on kernels, because that's not possible to do. We'll convert actual researched knowledge base items into research points.

i think its more about the unused kernels. there was written in the blog (if i remeber correctly) that there was no decision at the point in time what you will do with unused kernels.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

i think its more about the unused kernels. there was written in the blog (if i remeber correctly) that there was no decision at the point in time what you will do with unused kernels.

We're still working on that, but I think the plan is to convert the current kernel items into x number of new kernels. (The new kernels will have more granularity.)

I think what the guy is asking is should he be saving kernels for the revamp or eat them now. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

I think what the guy is asking is should he be saving kernels for the revamp or eat them now. smile

depends how the conversion will be.

my point of view is this:
- if conversion is equal the drop rates from before and after the patch.
- new system is linear, old system is not (at least towards the end.

so consuption is worse at old system. so saving will be better because wastage is not present in new system.

thats why i am saving my kernels for a while...

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

so consuption is worse at old system. so saving will be better because wastage is not present in new system.

thats why i am saving my kernels for a while...

That's my view as well. If you currently have a high chance of wastage because of near-complete techlines, it's better to save them because we cannot take wastage into consideration during the conversion.

As long as you convert the old research and stockpiled kernels with a 1:1 ratio, I don't think anyone will complain.

P.S.

You could make it possible for RP to be traded between people/accounts. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

As long as you convert the old research and stockpiled kernels with a 1:1 ratio, I don't think anyone will complain.

P.S.

You could make it possible for RP to be traded between people/accounts. smile

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

This feels weird to say.... But, I agree with Ville...