Topic: Nvidia "First Packet" option

when i activate the "First Packet" option in my Nvidia control panel (Nforce mainboard LAN), that should improve my ping in ping-sensitive games,

for a strange reason i cannot connect to the perpetuum server -> after selecting my agent, i lose connection on the loading screen, and to make it worse, my whole internect connection breaks up with it (TS disconnects, firefox, etc.)

that doesn't happen with other games -> has any1 a clue what happens there?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Nvidia "First Packet" option

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=62345

Seems like it doesn't do any good for utorrent either. And since Perpetuum uses a bittorrent-like communication, this may be a clue.

But good to know, one more thing to put on our list of things that we can ask our players to turn off if they can't connect smile

3 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2013-02-05 06:38:18)

DEV Zoom wrote:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=62345

Seems like it doesn't do any good for utorrent either. And since Perpetuum uses a bittorrent-like communication, this may be a clue.

But good to know, one more thing to put on our list of things that we can ask our players to turn off if they can't connect smile

is that the list that includes:

Turn off your GF / wife & any children
Disconnect all areas of your social life.
Turn off any Iphones or other apple products... (lets just admit apple is trying to take over the world & is going to be the next global empire)

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

(lets just admit apple is trying to take over the world & is going to be the next global empire)

Not apple, it is Google.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

In 5 years we will probably learn that google and apple are controlled by the same super-corp.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

In 5 years we will probably learn that google and apple are controlled by the same super-corp.

LOL, so true.....

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

can we close this topic - the bug is reported and it seems only offtopic spam is keeping this alive

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear