Topic: Noralgis Cycles

I've noticed that the "process of harvesting" is a bit off. Some of the incubators take 2 cycles to appear on the ground as opposed to the 100% chance in the diagram. I don't know whether it's because the ground is "unfertile" or not because after the initial spawn they grow fine.  I've also noticed that the day of a server reset about 20-30% of my plants die due to cycling out whereas the norm is 2%-5% a day. Was also wondering if the cycle times on gamma are less/more then 8 hours. There's one day a week where there's a "missing" cycle.

Re: Noralgis Cycles

This has always been a problem. When they restart the server the plants seem to go into overdrive (Probably because they force a few plant cycles through to make everything looks nice again). It has been this way for, well, forever.

As for not appearing do you mean that once planted as a seed the empty plate does not appear or that the first harvestable plants don't appear? I recall this happening when I first started planting Noralgis but never really gave it much though. I tried explaining it to a dev a long time ago but just got the canned response "It's meant to be like that" when it clearly wasn't working as described.

The plate doesn't appear on the first cycle, sometimes it takes 2 cycles for the plate to appear after it is planted. I wouldn't mind the plants dying on a restart but when it costs me 20-30m a day it kinda sucks.

Queen Latifah wrote:

The plate doesn't appear on the first cycle, sometimes it takes 2 cycles for the plate to appear after it is planted. I wouldn't mind the plants dying on a restart but when it costs me 20-30m a day it kinda sucks.

Yeah. I am pretty sure the plants are meant to be maintained when the server restarts but something forces them to either be over written or massive accelerated. You can plant one, have the server restart and come back to a fully grown plant in less than 8 hours. It's very strange.

perhaps there is a tornado-cycle everytime the restart the server because its timer resets and is then starting with a cycle.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear