1 (edited by Celebro 2013-01-13 16:25:14)

Topic: New prototyping system

Prototyping system needs changes.

Since the research system changes has been announced . Let's take a look at what we can improve with prototyping, still much room for improvements.

Why the constant prototyping each time CTs are wasted? Makes much more sense to prototype each item only once.

Why the constant reverse engineering for CTs? Another unnecessary complication in the industry chain, same as the constant prototype production.

New streamline idea:

Prototype items goes out the window. Each time you prototype it creates an unlimited CT, these have fixed points attributes and can be traded on the market.

Protyping Will become much more cost intensive but at the advantage of only needing to prototype each item once for your self. Yes T1 will be worth prototyping too!
I would add research points needed to prototype into the cost, but not sure how much yet, until the new research changes come live.

Reverse engineering changes:

No real changes. Scrap RE, introduce CT copying facility, possible only with the unlimited CTs +  decoders.

What happens to my Txp items?

They need to go for my system to work. Introduce the same stat items, as a faction loot or on syndicate supplies under another name.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: New prototyping system

your suggestion will greatly reduce the importance of prototype and reverse engeneering. most likely to the extend that they will be even fewer then we have now.

i like complex systems and with the current one the prototyping and reverse engineering is ja job that is needed on a permanent basis in the production chain. the system is not ment to be that you can do everything on a single accont without a few years of ep.

i see no problem with that atm and i like that that you have multible professions that you need in the production chain.

so i can only say big -1

3 (edited by Celebro 2013-01-14 19:45:24)

Re: New prototyping system

My idea is still complex but not as monotonous as it is now.

Reverse engineering would merge with prototyping and a copying CT facility is introduced How is that not complex?.

Prototyping is still important, even more so as you are better of prototyping t1, which is useless to do atm.

Prototyping would cost a considerable amount, including Research points, adding another dynamic in play.

Prototypers can trade some of there research by making CT copies.

RIP PERPETUUM