1 (edited by Line 2013-01-12 10:15:06)

Topic: Brand new Freighter

You might be laughing, but Scarab is already not enough for transport purposes. Here I offer 2-step implementation of completely new hauling system

step 1: New Freighter. As always, it should carry 3x more cargo than a Scarab, maybe it should be a glider too, that's for DEVs to decide. Mk2 version might come later.

step 2: integrated interzone teleports. Such Freighter (and probably other robots later) should be able to perform interzone jumps without mobile teleport. F.e. mechanics could be: 5 min to heat up, 5 min cooldown, uses Indy plasma accordingly to jump length.

UPD: such jumping Freighter is s good idea for assignment - try to kill all the guards/attackers before it jumps.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Re: Brand new Freighter

Any plasma as fuel would be good. Think it would be alittle op tho with no risk such as having to drop a Teleporter does now. Maybe if you have the same rules as a regular TP can't be with in 1000 of an outpost or terminal to activate.

But I think the Dev's are busy with the other stuff + we have already had 2 new haulers intro'd and no other bots would like to see more bots of other types combat or even glider indys before another hauler gets added.

So +1 for down the road.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

i think we have been down this road a few times.

a scarab is ok for hauling. but not good enough for transportation.

to clarify the difference:
hauling = smaller transportation or getting your loof off the field.
transportation = moving of big assets and resources from terminal to terminal.

when i sit with my 2 miner solo on a minefield for a day of liquid (and there are ores that yield much more volume per hour) then i need 2-4 mk2 scareabs to get off the loot. and these pilots are far from skilled out. and i still say for that job it is ok. hauling is part of the game and that you need some work to get your ore off is totaly fine.

BUT:
now you have it at one outpost. in most cases you have to move it again. and the stuff you made as well.
this is so annoying. and im only talking for a single player or a small corporation. this gets far more out of hands if you multiply to a big corp with 100 active players (what we most likely dont have on the server atm...)
still transport is a pain. and a bot with 3x the load of a scarab is not the answer.

the frighter should have something of 50-100ku of load. but it can only used from terminal to terminal and can not pick up or drop stuff on the field.

i am also against integrated teleports. this will just reduce the risk of usesing thses big fellas in beta/gamma. just undockinf and jumping to savety is too easy. jet them use the same routes as any other bot has to.

yes you can transport a good load with it... but they will be expensive and their load will most likey be even more expensive. so guess what happens if that blows up...

I've evac'd a station with 6 scarabs and a scarab mk2 we did 5 trips a day for 3 days you do the math. I'm not disagreeing with the need but we have already had 2 indy bots with larger cargo add and no new combats or other indy bots. How about faction mining bots that get bonuses on to that factions specific ore and plant.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

bigger hauler in perpetuum... following the balancing rules from the past three years:

1. 20m hitsize
2. 30kph base speed
3. 100 hitpoints
4. random number of equip slots, that doesnt really matter because
5. Accumulator + CPU + Reactor so low that you cannot fit any active module anyway

visual: a scarab with just another color.

and ontop of that, at the same time it is released, something else that any high-lvl-corp would mass-produce is released, and fills the new hauler with just a few items...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The volumes for commodities and items are too high, raw materials are just about right.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

The volumes for commodities and items are too high, raw materials are just about right.

Basically This.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Basically This.

basicly, on the surface thats true. there are more complex implications but, the important fact is:

4 different sized transport robots is basicly enough.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear