Topic: The Box of Joy

The issue
PvE farming, mining, harvesting, etc as it is right now can be pretty dull and boring. Your NIC/hour is pretty much the same. Rarely anything happens which would make these professions more exciting.

Box of Joy
The box of joy is a super rare box, which contains rare, valuable items. Drop chance = 1/1000 - 1/10000

It can be received from NPCs, mining, harvesting, incursions, artifact scanning, <add any other money-making professions>

The box may contain stuff like

• T+ modules

• Highly compressed ores/liquids which can be recycled into huge amounts of materials

• Elite distress beacons

• <insert moar shiny stuff>

Artifact scanning kinda used to be like this, that's why I did it for months without getting bored. You never knew if there might be some shiny, valuable Mk2 CT inside.

Re: The Box of Joy

Doesn't fit into lore, and already exists as rare ore items...

neutral

Sounds good, though not from mining or harvesting, it seems kind of odd.

RIP PERPETUUM

Jasdemi wrote:

The issue
PvE farming, mining, harvesting, etc as it is right now can be pretty dull and boring. Your NIC/hour is pretty much the same. Rarely anything happens which would make these professions more exciting.

Box of Joy
The box of joy is a super rare box, which contains rare, valuable items. Drop chance = 1/1000 - 1/10000

It can be received from NPCs, mining, harvesting, incursions, artifact scanning, <add any other money-making professions>

The box may contain stuff like

• T+ modules

• Highly compressed ores/liquids which can be recycled into huge amounts of materials

• Elite distress beacons

• <insert moar shiny stuff>

Artifact scanning kinda used to be like this, that's why I did it for months without getting bored. You never knew if there might be some shiny, valuable Mk2 CT inside.

TL;DR: Moar sand! smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

5 (edited by Rex Amelius 2012-12-29 06:28:07)

Ohmygawd wrote:

Doesn't fit into lore, and already exists as rare ore items...

neutral

Lore should be molded around game mechanics not ever vice versa. *** Lore

Sparking to other games

+1 moar lootz

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

This idea is *** but the theory behind it is absolutely sound,. All PVE rely's on the 'Skinner box' theory. For thi to work you need big prizes that drop rarely and randomly to keep people doing those same mundane things over and over. We have t4+ tech and the good mk II ct's to provide mid level but there has to be a few things that are very rare and awesomesauce for people to get.

My recommendations would be for the vanguard mesmer etc mechs to drop as ct's and each ct requires 4 X different module parts as well as mats. Each of the module parts and the ct would drop at extremely low chance from missions and you would require all to build.

Jasdemi wrote:

The issue

well, this reduces gameplay in perpetuum to all it is: NIC/hour.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

The issue

well, this reduces gameplay in perpetuum to all it is: NIC/hour.

Play the game as you want to play it, NIC/hour is important, though not something I would recommend to become obsessed about.

RIP PERPETUUM

Perceptor wrote:

This idea is *** but the theory behind it is absolutely sound,. All PVE rely's on the 'Skinner box' theory. For thi to work you need big prizes that drop rarely and randomly to keep people doing those same mundane things over and over. We have t4+ tech and the good mk II ct's to provide mid level but there has to be a few things that are very rare and awesomesauce for people to get.

My recommendations would be for the vanguard mesmer etc mechs to drop as ct's and each ct requires 4 X different module parts as well as mats. Each of the module parts and the ct would drop at extremely low chance from missions and you would require all to build.

Any Bot type (vanguard, Pretorian, or mercenary) One run CT so you could even find a vanguard Arbalest, wasp or Kain. Make them with black paint and have outstanding bonuses.
I want my Entrenched Argano Black with 126kph Base and a 50% demob resist for sap time scanning

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

+1

Low chance to get rare items when doing tedious tasks such as farming, mining, etc can improve the game experience a lot for minimum effort.

Doesn't have to be some kind of box, just some really rare items which can be dropped every few moons.