Topic: Missile guidance accuracy

Hello.

I wanna discuss turrets and missile skills. There are two similar skills: "Precision firing" and "Missile guidance". Yes i know that Missile guidance in maximum lvl gives 100% accuracy; turret accuracy will be always relative (depending on surface hit size). But missiles also have seismic penalty and it will be always relative like turret accuracy.
Actually i likes almost all. I have to ask for little adjusting:
Please give the different default value to differend class of robots/weapons/ammo.
For example:
95% - light ballistic missiles.
91-92% - medium compact missiles.
90% - medium ballistic missiles.

What for? - to make light/assault class more actual for newbies.
With my system newbies will be able to deal good damage in their assaults. Mechs and heavy mechs pilots anyway will have to raise their skill to 10.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Missile guidance accuracy

the oppositte skill for turrets is "falloff"
would need adjusting too wink

the thing i don't like, is that all robots got the the exact same missile fail % to begin with. neither is there a difference between robots of different sizes, different launcher, different missile types.

it also doesnt differ between combat bot, ewar or factions.

last but not least, it cannot be affected by ewar or interference effects. Its just an EP sink, nothing else.

good topci hunter wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I LIKE MISSILES big_smile

4 (edited by Hunter 2012-11-27 02:23:34)

Annihilator wrote:

the oppositte skill for turrets is "falloff"
would need adjusting too wink

No, this is not opposite skill because of absolutely another kind of action.

BTW: Change: Removed the Navigation extension from the game as it has been a must-have for pretty much everyone. The default speed of robots has been increased accordingly to compensate for it. EP and NIC for the extension has been reimbursed.

I think it would be good adjusting. It will remain compulsory and/but more flexible.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

5 (edited by Industrial Sector 2012-11-27 08:42:33)

Turrets have 1 "penalty" - chance to miss. Rockets have 2 - chance to miss and damage reduction. One of them should be removed FTG

missiles also ignore cover and dont use any cap.

Industrial Sector wrote:

Turrets have 1 "penalty" - chance to miss. Rockets have 2 - chance to miss and damage reduction. One of them should be removed FTG

thats short sighted comment.

Turrets got dispersion+falloff
missiles got chance to miss + seismics

both weapon system can be tuned to hit 100% chance and deal 100% damage.

missiles are penalized damage wise vs. smaller targets, chance to miss is same independent of target
turrets are penalized damage wise depending range, chance to hit depends on target

both got their respective extensions for that. those two facts + the different los calculation are the DIFFERENCES between those weapon systems.

Sorry hunter, your right - the counter to "chance to miss" is "turret dispersion", and falloff is the oppositte to "seismics".

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ah yes, falloff. Knew I'm mising sthing, my bad smile

Well, atm with starter skills missiles do have a chance to miss and perform penalized damage, turrets do have a chance to miss and... and what? Less damage on some very specific distances? And thats with missiles doing ALWAYS less damage with starter skills.

Well that's may be ok but let's take a look from different edge - who on Nia uses turrets on falloff distances? I mean not the +/-10m of optimal, but says, a 50% of falloff range? 75%? Other value? Ok, sometimes 50% may be good, just sometimes. But still, optimal range became a distance everyone shoots from, similar to lvl10 navi skill. So why to keep it in this way at all?

Here is what I think:

- remove falloff as it is
- add a half of maximum possible falloff range to each turret type accordingly.
- make the whole united range in a way falloff was - damage decrease depending on range, bottom limited, 100% -> 50% f.e.

Leave as is ad more people.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

10 (edited by Xadhoom 2012-12-30 23:35:34)

I think combat and ewar structures need to have there own skill catagory and only the corp leader skills would affect the turrets, Or make it an assignable so you can assign to a person in corp if you wanted to use another account or player to spec into the structure skills.

Turrets should need the same combat skills as players but under there own catagory.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

I also think you need to load your turret with ammo

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"