Topic: The participants of the tournament.

Hello everyone.
Tournament covered by secret fog... DeV's very busy and do not want to share any detail.

But i think about one thing. What if tommorow starts anniversary tournament? Who will participate? Of course it will be able for everyone. But I can guarantee that it would be unfair for beginners because of:
1) They have not 1 mil EP like me.
2) (most probably) They have not proper t4 fits. Because of low prototype database.
In another hand we have veterans. They do not want create newbie accounts.

I have to ask two things:
1) Enable drop the giftboxes (like year ago) before introducing the arena rules. It allow newcomers to gather the necessary fits.
2) Implement calculating/limitation the amount of EP in the team composition. I.E.

P.S. I hope you understand my idea clear.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: The participants of the tournament.

Yea this would really provide a great reason for vets NOT to re-sub there accounts.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

3 (edited by Celebro 2012-11-07 20:04:16)

Tournement? no, fix the game's PVE content, more bots and those random server crashes first.

RIP PERPETUUM

4 (edited by Annihilator 2012-11-08 10:11:54)

I heard that tournament was mentioned via still remaining BATPHONE lines. (*made this one up* tongue)

Hunter wrote:

I have to ask two things:
1) Enable drop the giftboxes (like year ago) before introducing the arena rules. It allow newcomers to gather the necessary fits.

Didn't AIDs kill the last few T4-open-market Supplier, last time they got enabled? It was a fun event for a christmas - but two weeks with foom-tool easy grind of T4 items was overkill.

Hunter wrote:

2) Implement calculating/limitation the amount of EP in the team composition. I.E.

Such limitations EP wise would probably need about 2 weeks intensive spreadsheet-math to make them fair and logic. and another 4 weeks for DEVs and Player to understand them (some didn't even understand the point limit last time...)
And who would check the SPENT EP on those participating Agents on day of tournament. I mean, my harvesting only agent would stand no chance against a DPS skilled 4-week old agent.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I'm not going to argue. We have enough vets in the corp. Maybe really no need to give a chance to new players.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

In sports, you got different leagues for that.

for something simple as an anual tournament, they can make two leagues. for vets and for non-vets.

The only thing last years point system lacked, was the lack of consideration for equipment tier and imbalance of shields vs. armor tanking.
Without shields, the team with best ewar/enwar will win wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by Industrial Sector 2012-11-14 05:28:00)

Nothing was changed since last tournament (yet), so most of vets fights will be 8 spider-shielded tyrannoses neuting each other...boring. Changes first, tournament second.

Wishes for future tournaments.

1. Like in EVE no true arena.... Devs/GM warps people to random battlefield X meters appart audiance only can watch from live streams.

2. Why Corp vs Corp only? Why can't we make teams of our own? Blah blah blah I know what if  one corp has 1 player on 3-5 teams what if 1 RL person has 5 accounts and is on 5 teams. I see where it would cause issues but last year we had alliance infighting in the first round. We even had a complete multibox team.

3. I agree there should be a Free tournament for all players and then the Real tournament. Maybe the free tournament could be the form your own team (cross corp) and sign it up for a certain time. Then the real tournament would be the Corp vs Corp tournament.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win