Topic: Stealth Targeting module

The abilitly to target bots without alerting them to your lock would make a masked bot a really useful intel tool for gathering cargo, fit and damage info on enemies and could also be useful with a target marker, especially with a modest range increase on said modules.

Needless to say that a full lock would be required for anything hostile.

Re: Stealth Targeting module

Just make chassis and cargo scanners lock-independant, that's it.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Just make chassis and cargo scanners lock-independant, that's it.

Not entirely - the module would still have to know which bot to scan somehow - or to target mark.

4 (edited by Annihilator 2012-09-28 15:50:19)

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Not entirely - the module would still have to know which bot to scan somehow - or to target mark.

you can "select" targets, to give commands, like "lock target" or "aproach", so it would be possible

we had it once that you wouldnt be visible as long as you have someone secondary locked (at the beginning). with latency and such, it was possible to shoot at someone with missiles without revealing own position: macro primary lock, fire, primary something else. the victim gets a "beep" and some missiles flying towards him.

so fiddling on those rules is a delicate thing.

Lines suggestion, to make some modules work without locked target would be a 100 times better solution, since it wouldnt affect existing mechanics.

and after all it could be used for mining laser, interference probe placement or harvesting and last but not least - artillery fire. since the best artillery is crap if you cannot shoot further then locking range!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

-1 to OP being able to s demob someone at 600 by a masked ewar mech with out the initial 3 econd OMFGZORS is slightly Over powered

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

totally, forgot, all ewar modules are secondary lock use-able

supression, ecm, neutralizing and demobbing out of the blue.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

totally, forgot, all ewar modules are secondary lock use-able supression, ecm, neutralizing and demobbing out of the blue.

I would consider using ewar as a hostile act, hence my mentioning it in OP.

not that i dislike the idea - but i think 99% of the pvpers will go mayhem if the devs change ewar modules to only work on primary locked targets.

It wasn't about ewar, isn't it? Just cargo and chassis scanners - they are pretty useless atm.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086