1 (edited by N0 Clue 2012-09-20 10:22:11)

Topic: Getting to know the company

With Steam-Greenlight going on, I think it would be a good idea, if Avatar Creations would make a Introduction video, explaining them, and the world of Perpetuum. I just believe that seeing the people, and hearing them speak about what Perpetuum is, and where they have their intentions of going in the future, will draw the New Members in to check it out. Of course the Video will need to have Gameplay Footage in it =P

Nothing is better then Verbal Communication to it's people!

Re: Getting to know the company

Their faces, video from their workplaces and stuff, yeah.

you mean such a video like you can see for most of the hyped games,

where the DEVs talk about their game, what they did there, and which aspects of their games they think are highlights, making it better then others.

with the DEV talking in a blue-box and pasted infront of ingame footage (that always contains some action, or nerf-gun battles in their office)?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well, not pasted infront of the In-Game Footage, and probably not saying what they've done better then others. I dont believe any Company should really do that. Office Nerf Gun Battles do sound fun to watch, but maybe that can be at a later date lol.

Basically, for Steam Greenlight, it would be a Video of them Introducing themselves, and explaining the different Concepts of Perpetuum, and a quick run down on how the basics work ect.

I just think it would be good for Avatar Creations to start interacting with the outside Public in a more direct way, which is a much more effective way to create bonds, which will also lead to more intrigued people wanting to play, or at least check it out.

5 (edited by Arjha Shanoo 2012-09-20 12:42:03)

my first three thoughts:
1) Giga TV?
2) overhyped feature vids with DEV comments and loaded with action that invites disappointment once youre in game?
3) Gremrods podcast "Incoming Transmission" with DEVs invited and the 24h DEV/GM ingame coverage

N0 Clue wrote:

I just believe that seeing the people, and hearing them speak about what Perpetuum is, and where they have their intentions of going in the future

That point was covered in a nice way with the podcast. This and the 24h coverage (I know i know its hard to do so right now) gave a really good feeling to the game and its community and you always knew that there was someone on you could poke with your problems. For the world-of-mouth this was already sufficient, many new players that time came and stayed because of the 24h coverage which is quite rare for any MMO.

Videos are always a double-edged sword. If its about representing the game itself they are good, but the DEV-team will still be felt as from another world. This rift is disincentive to players, so it needs to be bridged somehow (like with meet&greets, podcasts, online presence, daily news,...).

So rather than a video, I'd like to listen to a podcast of the DEVs (like every 2 weeks; doesn't always need to be about the game, can also be about exploding toasters; maybe even with a "mailbox" where a few questions of players are answered cool; that can be downloaded from the official website).
Just like you said:

N0 Clue wrote:

Nothing is better then Verbal Communication to it's people!

Ide love it if grem could do another podcast sad

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

7 (edited by N0 Clue 2012-09-20 13:13:56)

Hey Arjha, I completely understand where you are coming from, and agree. I love Podcasts, and have listened to Incoming Transmision few weeks ago, I do believe those should be continued.

However this Video would be to try and help bring New Members in. This idea is because of the possibility of being advertised on Steam, so it would be good for any people who are browsing through it to be able to see and hear what exactly Perpetuum is about. I know for 1 thing, as much as I love Podcasts, I would never look for, let alone listen to a Podcast of a Game I was just browsing through. This would be a 3 - 4 Minute Introduction Video of them running through the Basics, and what Perpetuum has to offer.

How about Gremrod makes a video podcast? Skype Interview or sorta, then DEVs may send some videos of  developement process (pizza boxes, beer bottles, Zoom beats Gargaj etc.), then to make a single film?

9 (edited by N0 Clue 2012-09-20 15:08:12)

I believe, if they are going to Promote their game, then they [the DEVs] should be the 1s doing it. Even though Perp is all about Player Interaction, for New Members, who know nothing about the game, are not going to either [get it] or [care] let alone know who Gremrod is =P and once again, they won't want to be watching a Podcast for a game they know nothing about, unless it's 3 minutes of Gremrod talking about the Mechanics, which will just be like any other Video you can find on Youtube.

In short: It will just seem like a general Fan Video not a Official Video.

What if the beard scares people away?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

N0 Clue wrote:

I believe, if they are going to Promote their game, then they [the DEVs] should be the 1s doing it. Even though Perp is all about Player Interaction, for New Members, who know nothing about the game, are not going to either [get it] or [care] let alone know who Gremrod is =P and once again, they won't want to be watching a Podcast for a game they know nothing about, unless it's 3 minutes of Gremrod talking about the Mechanics, which will just be like any other Video you can find on Youtube.

In short: It will just seem like a general Fan Video not a Official Video.

I agree. The DEVs would need to do it.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

to bad i didn't have a camcorder with me last year...
Gargaj imitating Alexander or Siddy was just hillarious big_smile

I wonder if that recording of BoyC in a hungarian TV show is still up somewhere wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

we're introverted ._.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Thats what she said.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.