Topic: Theocrafting: AoE weapons

Theres one thing that bugs me for a while now (2.5 years...)

If the DEVs ever get to the point to implement AoE weapons - i wonder how they will solve the syndicate protection problem that arises with it.

Problem:
On alpha you cannot attack other player without PvP flags. AoE weapons would enable damaging other player without them beeing flagged

Possible countermeasures:

• Those weapons cannot be fired on Alpha islands
    -> result: PvE only player are excluded from using those -> bad solution

• AoE damage deactivated completely on alphas
    -> result: same as first, and weapons probably useless

• Syndicateprotection also protects from friendly AoE damage
    -> probably easiest method and most effective. that way, even NPCs could be equipped with them

/o

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Theocrafting: AoE weapons

These weapons don't damage players without a flag, I think thats how most of the games are doing it.

Atm, if you got blown on alpha near other players/npc, you will not damage em. Not a proper solution, but a way to go.

Industrial Sector wrote:

Atm, if you got blown on alpha near other players/npc, you will not damage em. Not a proper solution, but a way to go.

thats because AoE is completely deactivated on Alphas. Noticeable when NPCs explode and plants or other NPCs around them are not damaged at all.

thats also one reason why i mention that here:

IMHO AoE explosion should happen everywhere, it just should not damage player under syndicate protection on alphas.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
Industrial Sector wrote:

thats because AoE is completely deactivated on Alphas. Noticeable when NPCs explode and plants or other NPCs around them are not damaged at all.

thats also one reason why i mention that here:

IMHO AoE explosion should happen everywhere, it just should not damage player under syndicate protection on alphas.

True, however, our beloved DEVs, instead of "Think!" rule are following "Do it now, fix it later" one big_smile It was a lot easier and faster to not calling a procedure if island type is Alpha than to write and call a new one, which will sort characters on NPC and Player-driven when applying an AoE damage.

As a word of protect tho, there is a lots of hidden issues in Alpha AoE, like too easy grind (which isn't that bad with current research system tho) and griefing - imagine how much butthurt can cause a single veteran piloting MRLS robot to a newbies trying to farm/harvest big_smile
-

AOE on alpha would make NPC farming stupid easy. No i think how it is now is the best. New players are eased into the game & then into the PVP islands & AOE.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

do you know more about the upcomming PvE changes then I do ? if yes, please share!

Annihilator wrote:

do you know more about the upcomming PvE changes then I do ? if yes, please share!

Im a Jedi ... of course it do smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue