Topic: Mission Objectives

First:
Can we please have at least the MAIN objectives listed at the Mission description window.

about 90% of the missions just list "Reach this positon" and thats it.

Second:
Don't tell me that the mission descriptions contains those informations - those Walls-of-Text often are too artifical story related that they do not really reflect at all what I have to do or what i have to face.

After all, most times it doesnt even tell which robot faction i will meet.
Or it says :

Xerxes X wrote:

The Nians are actually pushing back pretty hard recently

[cynical remark]oh yes, they are pushing so hard, that they forgot that we are their targets (orange spawns!)[/cynical remark]

When a mission description tells me that i have to catch a courier - then i expect that i have to kill 1 certain NPC that is moving somewhere from A to B and that i have to kill it once to get the mission item that it was transporting.
I do not expect that the NPC is running in a 50m circle in a static location and i have to kill it 50 times just to get a lucky drop of the mission item.

third:

WTF is a robot scalp?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Mission Objectives

+1

3 (edited by Arjha Shanoo 2012-09-12 09:27:15)

Re: Mission Objectives

robot scalps ... for me its hard to not get a laughing attack whenever I read stuff like "make haste agent" or "fair reward". For the first you'd expect to have a timer shown and something "important" will happen (like a little enemy invasion as written in the texts even if its just 2 small waves of NPCs spawning and heading to terminal, not just loosing the mission), for the second one it feels like a sales representative telling you to buy the new super drug against whatever little problem for a "fair" prize yarr...

But the mission objectives really are somewhat irritating - some older missions have still listed each kind of NPC to take down and what to take from them, other ones just state the known "Reach location" where you can't say at all what awaits you at the target location or how long the mission will take.
In best case you have just reached that location that seemingly is just over the mountain (you had to run miles around that mountain to even reach it...) and find out that your bot isn't fitted for whatever awaits you there -> back to terminal to refit, back to spot kill a bunch of NPCs aaand being send to another spot miles away where the story repeats fuuu

so again +1