Topic: Brilliant terraforming.

When you terraformed your base with beacons and created some buildings it becomes impossibe to use terraform beacons. And incomes the time of brilliant terraforming. So there are a lot of problems
1) Unable to terraform on large vertical drop.
2) Impossible to terraform near buildings.
3) Anyway result will be ugly because of tools too blunt.

I think that:
1) Buildings should not to interfere the terraform beacons work. It should just ignore buildings (not terraform around it). Only agents should interrupt it's work.
2) Need to decrease size of raiser/smoother red square size.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Brilliant terraforming.

Hunter wrote:

Buildings should not to interfere the terraform beacons work. It should just ignore buildings (not terraform around it). Only agents should interrupt it's work.

How do you imagine that? Should buldings simply get buried or float in mid-air if you terraform under/over them?

DEV Zoom wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Buildings should not to interfere the terraform beacons work. It should just ignore buildings (not terraform around it). Only agents should interrupt it's work.

How do you imagine that? Should buldings simply get buried or float in mid-air if you terraform under/over them?

It's possible to burrow anyway. You can watch it on landersbrige... Personally i want to be able change some details around my buildings. Simple terraform modules works badly... sad

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

4 (edited by Annihilator 2012-09-08 13:26:01)

DEV Zoom wrote:

not very smart answer - first iteration of the pts it worked like a charm. you could place a TF beacon next to a terminal and it would terraform everything except the frozen*  tiles.

then you implemented a rule that terraforming will not work if ANYTHING is within the TF area, or any tile in the area is "frozen". look into my complaints right after the first pts patch....

*: if you place a building down, it creates a non-terraformable area around it as soon as its "unpacked".

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear