Topic: Spark teleport target visibility issue

Some of you reported that there is a problem with the visibiliy of spark teleport targets. More specifically, only those with full colony management access can see the targets properly.

Spark teleport target visibility relies on the visibility of the target terminals, which is controlled by the "network visibility" switch on terminals in colony management. If this is set to hidden, only those with the proper corporation roles will be able to see it on the map, and consequently in the spark teleport target list. Those not having proper access are only seeing zone and coordinates (at least it should work like this).

We could do one of these:

1. Make the corporation's gamma terminals visible to every corporation member by default. The network visibility switch would only hide the terminals from non-members.

2. Put a 3rd option into the network visibility switch, "corporation only".

The reason why I'm asking this is I think there is some concern that if a corporation accepts an enemy spy, he would be able to instantly see the location of the terminals.

Is this a concern at all? Or should we just go ahead and do #2?

Re: Spark teleport target visibility issue

My opinion:
If anybody sneaks into terminal, he should be able to put an anchor there coz he was accepted by trusted agent into corp. Or he have good standing to his corp. Its all funny metagaming. But corp should have ability to have secret hideout, so its important for ceo's to be able to hide some terminals from all agents, what below certain role. Lets say below co-ceo. Or you can make visibility lists, you know, like a alarm lists for probes.

Also, I think its very important to have an option for network managers: to see all spark teleport targets in their terminal, and purge those what is undesirable to have in da house.

#2 sounds like the logical choice here. Fine-grained control is usually preferable within corporations.

4 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2012-08-29 14:03:13)

A similar mechanic as for proximity probes would work nicely.

List of terminals and ability to give visibility to ANY player or corporation on the server for each terminal.

[EDIT] added the bit about corporation [/EDIT]

if its not too much work i would also hve some more options here.

well alliance only would also be a thing, but we dont have a alliance system (yet [hint]).

well with no alliance features we could use the reputation level for that, just as we have for the terminal access.

so one option: "by relation"
and can be set with the usuals standing setting. so you can choose how much you have to like a corp that they can see your terminal.

or no 2 would also work:
"by access level"
so everybody who can dock in the terminal can also see the terminal.

one of these options (or both) would also be usefull and make sense.

6 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2012-08-29 16:09:30)

one other thing that is just a little related to that:
i think that a terminal should be visible on your map when you have scouted (have seen it on your radar) it once.

of cource you will not notice if anything changes as long as you have notchecked it again.