Topic: Seeded T1 market items.

I know we play in a sandbox and I am fully aware we need population.  I also am aware of the huge pain staking task I am asking for here but this WILL help until population increases and it is no longer needed.  We need infinite seed T1 items at the alpha one terminals and we need bot seeds too upto assaults.  This will help drastically to retain players.  Even Gamma buildings need to return to the  market.  At the aCtive population right now basic things are next to impossible to find.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Seeded T1 market items.

^ +1

Why isn't there anyone mining and producing the light and assaults for the market?

Alexander wrote:

Why isn't there anyone mining and producing the light and assaults for the market?

Lights / assaults don't really have a role in the game anymore.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Alexander wrote:

Well they are few and far between.  The population has taken a significant nose dive and most of them have been on the industry side here lately

Alexander wrote:

to much island hopping for building a stack of yagels, and at the same time no real profit from them for the time invested.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by Gremrod 2012-08-07 22:15:23)

Alex, think if you have travel to 3 different regions in eve to build a single ship. yay!

Edit: 2 not 3. But still....

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

The force spread of resources now in game to force people to trade is not working and will never work.

REVERT it, it sux.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

I do not recommend T1 but T0 seeded stuff, otherwise the carefully build T1 market will collapse.

Also the resource distribution does not work well with 2 common resources missing on alpha islands, it is too much hassle to create something simple, 1 common resource missing might work not 2.

10 (edited by Kaldenines 2012-08-08 00:50:49)

Seeding may be a necessary evil at this point.

+1
-Confucius

Vehacan wrote:

I do not recommend T1 but T0 seeded stuff, otherwise the carefully build T1 market will collapse.

Also the resource distribution does not work well with 2 common resources missing on alpha islands, it is too much hassle to create something simple, 1 common resource missing might work not 2.

I'm not saying make T1 so cheap it is impossible, but just put it there, so new players don't log in and be like, Oh, I'm in my new arbalest and I want to try to get a missle launcher on the bot, oh wait theres none on the market.... I have to travel 2 hours to get one missle launcher...hmmm... I wonder what eve is like?  This is a new player thought pattern.

12 (edited by Sundial 2012-08-08 06:02:40)

To fix the market:

1. Fix the commodities. You should be able to build 100% of stuff from one faction on just one island. Currently you need materials from all 3 regions to even build a light bot...
2. Buff Trade Extensions, allowing people to sell things on the market besides the most commonly demanded items.
3. Seed the market with expensive T1 items as well as lights / assaults.

These are all simple changes... really no excuse for this to go on so long.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I think it'll take one guy, since there are new people coming into the game right now. I do believe assaults cannot be build from alpha stuff alone?

Yes assaults can doe

Missions can be tied to lvl 1 items. Hauling missions, mining missions, combat missions.

starting with ammo. The efficiency of the Terminal can be associated with the faction.  Green would make missiles with less materials then a blue island. Players could recycle loot for the mission ores, or commodities. They could mine the ores, commodities. Or buy from another island that the ores/commodities are cheaper, then the island he is currently on.

Making a light or assault could be tied to missions also..a bonus in ore/commodities for packing sand from point x to point z.  This way the rookie would have a hand in the production of items he,,or his friends would want.

Rumors has it that tired items will not be in the recipe for future builds.  This will enable the market items to stick on the market floor without producers scarfing them up to make T4 gear.

With the number of items needed a time buffer will be available before saturation of the market with gear from missions.  We want the rookies to do the missions to get that gun, or armor, or bot. How to make it so the market is not sitting on 100k of small auto cannons, from a wash and rinse mission cycle?  One way is to have a cargo mission to haul x amount of small auto cannons to y terminal, for salvage, which puts the commodities in the hauler's pocket, with the wastage in the efficiency ratios. If haulers deplete a market of a item, that is not bad, because a mission will be available for any player that wants that item.  It is not profitable to haul one or two items, small amounts will stick on a floor, but a hauler might take 100 of 100 items if they are available...which would put a bonus on the first mission generated for that item.

The desire for the player base to address the needs of new players is cool.  I see way more T1 items on the market then before, so some peeps are trying to help.  We can help by not exploiting this generosity by taking 12 of 12 chem armors to make T2 chem armors.  Its not easy but needed for the benefit of the game...

Community,  Player generated missions, could be formed from the demand part of the market.  A rookie puts guns, armor, ammo, he wants in the demand market.  No missions are generated for anything past T2.  The market generates a mission for either the item, that is available somewhere else. Or the player is pointed to the missions that will generate the items he wants, along with the same mission available to multiple terminals. I want a gun, the gun is three islands away, a mission is generated from all the alpha terminals for the same gun.  If i am at the terminal that the gun is sitting, my mission pays, x amount. If i am a island away, it pays, y amount, if two islands away, it pays z amount.

If my mission standing is good with a alpha island, a speed bonus might be available, or tp cooldown is shortened, or cheers when i dock..lol. I remember fondly a sexy girls voice, saying through my console.  "There is a foreign object attached to your hull" when another peep had attached a magnetic bomb to my tank...and a 20 second timer started that ended with a boom.

Cheers..

i think there is a simple thing why ppl do not flood the market with a lot of lower stuff:

extentions for running the market dont allow for enough jobs, and jobs run out way too fast...

basicly thats the reason...

if you would notr have the problems with the limitations, and have to be around your market hubs all the time, then we will see more stuff in there...

17 (edited by Doek 2012-08-10 12:36:15)

Just to prove Ville wrong I'm undertaking an attempt to fully seed the T1 market. If someone could take it up to start supplying the market with reasonably priced Epriton and Noralgis, assaults might be interesting to produce too (I'm not sure about the turnover on the short term).

While we're on that subject:
- market order modification delay: 10 min. is too long
- remote order modification: get it in there
- remote asset management in general could use a kick in the butt

Epi and Nora is not involved with assaults and T1 gear.....  But I am glad some other people are getting involved, which markets do you plan to seed?

19 (edited by Doek 2012-08-10 16:13:11)

Ville wrote:

Epi and Nora is not involved with assaults and T1 gear.....  But I am glad some other people are getting involved, which markets do you plan to seed?

All starter zones (TM Alpha, ICS Alpha, Asintec Alpha) would be a good start.

edit: yeah you're right on the T1, wrinkled brain and all that

It's fine Doek, if we can find more people who would dedicate themselves to running shipments out to the islands it would be fantastic.  But initially its going to be aboout returns in general for profit thats the deciding factor.

21 (edited by Annihilator 2012-08-10 21:50:12)

well, we will get player transport missions for the transport (patch announcement)

but
1. it will lower the profit margin
2. as long as i cannot remotely access the items at the destination, i have to get there per spark teleport - aka another cost factor.
3. theres no guaranteed demand for the bots, i have to pre-built tons of them. lights are just a stepping stone to assaults, and sometimes to mechs. (see light bot discussion)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

22 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-08-11 08:35:57)

the DEVs were to optimistic (being really nice here guys) when they removed so many NPC seeded items. I mean look at EVE it took them years to remove alot of the seeded items.

As always tho this game many problems have / are being exacerbated by the lack of players.
Just to make the point... in the space of 9-10 month NEX seen 98-99% of the people that came to try the game stop playing & today only 0.3% of the total number that came thru my old corp are still here.

those kind of numbers are damning (This is no troll lol & did actually go over the numbers) kinda made me sad when i found out the numbers sad

But i do agree with the OP, seeded items must be brought back to the game new players right now are getting kicked in the balls. And if the DEVs have the stupidity to say "well you guys should build more" then i say to them..... Give us boost to market skills & REMOTE management ( to balance it you could just give it a distance boost per level of the skill?)

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Honestly, it's not really the market skills, nor the effort transporting, but the time/cost on T1 production. 3 NIC/second with costly extensions related to manufacturing time. Then add commodities, transport and market fee, and you'll end up with a gap between what starting players can afford and the point it's going to be worth it. I mean, raw materials aren't free.

I'm still figuring things out, maybe I'd even have to open a dreaded spreadsheet. But I got some loans, I have the extensions and equipment, it should be doable. Then again, those newbs should have to work for it a little!

Been there, done that.
The major problem with sell orders beside the major demand, is that in the end you spend a lot of time (and some NIC) placing these sell orders, just to learn, that after 30 days, no item is sold and all effort was done in vain.
Maybe I would have sold items, if I would have offered them below production price, but I'm not that hero to give a way NIC for those buying my stuff.

i was almost shocked when i saw that the commodity cost for t2 light em guns was ~25k NIC, and the production fee PER item the same.

not counting in the recently increased prototyping multiplier of 10.

I got not much time to play recently, so my main concern is the off-island resources i would need to even build t1 items....