Re: Loot is everything....

there are several points in that single example:

1. if the missions require completely different fits then PvP -> there will be noone doing them without making sure that he wont be "disturbed" by PvP player during mission.

2. if the mission means i have to spend half an hour to do it, but it failed when i lose my robot 1m before docking range of the outpost (aka i have to bring back loot and get shot on my way home), then it creates a ragequit-moment, especially if the possible reward would not outweight the cost of the minimum required equip to do it. (thats what this topic is about)

3. if the mission, that only rewards a single agent, requires at least two, then something is wrong. but thats not the topic

4. the missions rewards are still balanced around distance and the fact that more agents can do them WAY faster then a single one, and that you get additional loot that you could sell for NIC. (topic)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

You know we didn't have this problem with the golden triangle...

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

28 (edited by Arjha Shanoo 2012-08-09 07:26:55)

Ville wrote:

It had been strongly requested to leave the alpha I - triangle to help new players get their NIC a bit faster; now I can only hope that the player based transport missions will come soon - with the current arrangement of islands it would reward the loooong travelling to another faction's isle just to get a bot/ore/... maybe even to get to pvp.
But even if its playerbased the problem will be the same: if the rewards (referring at number 2. of annis post) and given time is too low, the risk of travelling to the PvP zones is still too high in the mind of posing safety first. Because it is playerbased there will be other problems too: if no one runs the mission then giving them out would be meaningless; why should you transport stuff to a PvP-zone when you only help those who will shoot you down (still waiting for the thoughts of devs for a solution in this point here).
The question "Why do I really have to ensure my safety?" leads us back to the OP.

You can talk about risk and reward as much as you want. There's three facts wihether we like them or not:

1. You can't get carebears into "lossy" pvp.
2. If the game offers any chance of pve over pvp, you will get significant amount of pvers in your game.
3. The pvers will be roughly 80% of your healthy population

They're a fact because I said so, and because they are.

Arjha Shanoo wrote:
Ville wrote:

It had been strongly requested to leave the alpha I - triangle to help new players get their NIC a bit faster; now I can only hope that the player based transport missions will come soon - with the current arrangement of islands it would reward the loooong travelling to another faction's isle just to get a bot/ore/... maybe even to get to pvp.
But even if its playerbased the problem will be the same: if the rewards (referring at number 2. of annis post) and given time is too low, the risk of travelling to the PvP zones is still too high in the mind of posing safety first. Because it is playerbased there will be other problems too: if no one runs the mission then giving them out would be meaningless; why should you transport stuff to a PvP-zone when you only help those who will shoot you down (still waiting for the thoughts of devs for a solution in this point here).
The question "Why do I really have to ensure my safety?" leads us back to the OP.

And it made the fing game look alive with all those sequers cruising back and forth.

Ville wrote:

And it made the fing game look alive with all those sequers cruising back and forth.

Yeah, it was gold-farmers heaven. It was so much fun to report the obvious script agents running there. Someone told me that it was so easy to write a bot-script for perpetuum that it felt almost a crime NOT to do it.

I remember that i complained about the unfairness between transport and combat missions.Transports that you could perfectly chain up and make maximum use of your parallel assignment extension, while you couldn't even chain up more then three combat missions effectively. We still have the later one, but the Transport assigments got nerfed, the standing mechanics turned into a XP grind mechanic and the mission system left alone for almost a year.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Did you give your feedback like the rest of us unprivileged players, or was it reserved for the small elite circle that has Devs on speed-dial and Skype?

Either way I'm sure the many players in Perpetuum can be grateful for the changes your feedback led to, without you the game would certainly not have flourished as it has. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Yeah but Anni, people like me and even Inda took advantage of the nic made through the golden triangle to stimulate pvp in the game and with people with money to burn they bought mechs and equipment.  It stimulated the market much like what plex would do to this game.

well, i wasnt against the triangle... i was against the lack of a similar stacking of combat missions.

The triangle got removed because you could make tons of money semi afk with a lwf only fit sequer on a perfect save trip between the main terminals.

ontop you could grind your standing up to unlock all beta mission for all corps with transports only.

imagine the gold-printing you could do nowadays with the legalized trial-army with blue ballz?

But it stimulated the market Anni, why?  Less work + Less time = Maximum pvp/doing interesting things!  Low on cash grind the triangle for a few hours and BAM you have yourself a fully fitted T4 Mech!  The one complaint is always how hard it was to make money verus time.Triangle was the answer.  AND YOU KILLED IT ANNI!!!  YOU KILLED THE BELOVED TRIANGLE!!  HOW COULD YOU!!     Triangle I miss you!  You will never be forgotten!