Since it makes zero sense, i consider this a bug:
First the Facts:

Factional Commodities

As far as i can see its always 3 commodities per faction
1x 50 Faction ore  + 30 Plant 1 + 25 HDT
1x 50 Faction ore  + 30 Plant 2 + 25 HDT
1x 50 Faction ore  + 30 Plant 3 + 25 Liquizit

Per Faction there are only growing 2 different plants, which means,
there is always a factional commodity that cannot be refined without importing the plant component.
Thats ok, since it opens up an opportunity for trading even between alpha islands, not only alpha<>beta like it is with epriton.
Each faction related item has at least one of those commodities listed in its component list.
For example:
- Slugs always list a nuimquol component. (polynitrocol)
- Kinetic Hardener lists thelodica component (theledica has best kinetic resists)

Second - the bug:

the always listed factional component is the one that lists the plant that doesn't grow on that factions islands.
Example:
- Polynitrocol contains triandlus

Not only does this result in inability to even build ammo out on a Gamma island,
its also raising the complexity of building anything.

Third - the possible solutions:
(from best, most work,  to worst, least work)

1. review component list to contain less off-faction ores/plants where its not logical
2. change refining tables of all factional commodities to contain only the factional plant
3. change refining table that at least the faction-component in ammo and weapons doesnt need off-island plant

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Must be a bug: Factional Commodities

Chemical ammo does not need other factional materials aside from the raw mats belonging to that faction. The rest of the ammo types does require , but I don't see the logic in that.

RIP PERPETUUM

-1  We need more commodities in things like ammo.  It should take all 3 plants and every ore possible to kake 1000 rounds of ammo.  That away we force inflation in the market and we force cross favtional mining ops!  So if me make most medium  ammo cost 500 nic a pop most people will start buying the infinite seed items and would give meaning to all those alpha one outposts!

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

4 (edited by Annihilator 2012-08-04 08:00:36)

Celebro wrote:

Chemical ammo does not need other factional materials aside from the raw mats belonging to that faction. The rest of the ammo types does require , but I don't see the logic in that.

even the chemical ammo types need the above listed cross-faction commodities

chemoactive missiles -> phlobotil -> prismocitae (not on green islands)
chemoactive slugs ->  polynitrocol -> triandlus (not on blue islands)
chemoactive cells -> polynucleit -> helioptris (not on yellow islands)

and something went completely wrong with small firearms ammo. Armor piercing bullets would be the first ammo a new player comes in contact with, but it contains 4 Commodities, of which are 2 factional ones.
the logic behind the factional ones:
- polynitrocol for the kinetic damage part (imentium, triandlus, liquizit)
- phlobotil for the seismic damage part (silgium, prismocitae, liquizit)
- titanium and Axicoline for the case (Titan ore + Liquizit)

2 common ores+ 2 factional ores + 2 plants
(excat the same composition as for chemoactive bullets, just different quantities)
OVERKILL!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

OVERKILL!

QFT!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23