1 (edited by Ching Chong 2012-07-03 18:10:11)

Topic: Why I won't be subscribing.

I have been playing the game for a few days now. Overall it's a fun game. However it's following in EVE's footsteps too closely, almost perfectly.

I was playing on another account, which I chose industrial starter skills for, as that was my plan. However I decided I would rather go for combat, and created another account to avoid waiting a few days to reverse all my skills. This is that character. With the starting options I chose, I was given Accumulator Expansion 2, and Reactor Expansion 2. This is where the fun stuff starts. Accumulator Expansion requires Reactor Expansion 5. As a result I was unable to upgrade Accumulator Expansion, and it said "Missing Prerequisites" until I upgraded Reactor Expansion to 5. I was also given Targeting 2, and was unable to target more than one bot in a Waspish. I was also unable to reload or load missile launchers from anywhere but the equip window in station. I have checked, double checked, triple checked, quadruple checked, etc to make sure I have the required extensions. I submitted a bug report for this last night. You may call it impatient to quit the game after my petition isn't answered in 12 hours. But does M2S have to wait this long? Don't they just call you up on Skype and get all their problems fixed? Seems that's the way it is so far.

M2S obviously has a batphone to the devs. From what I understand M2S is the developer corp of Perpetuum. Similar favoritism happened in EVE. This latest knee jerk patch is also a reason for me quitting. Moving towers from 500m away from teleports, to 2000m away from teleports is only going to make choke points 2000m away from teleports. You will inevitably have to make another knee jerk patch to fix this, or let it stay as it is. Did your team actually sit down for an hour and think about all the possible options, and choose the best one? Or did you take the first option that came to you, without any thoughts for the potential outcome? What is your plan when this patch doesn't fix the problem, and M2S loses their base? Another knee jerk patch, ruining more of people's time and effort?

Call it propaganda, spinning, whatever you wish. All propaganda and spinning has a bit of truth to it. I don't find it too far fetched that the devs have a personal relationship with some members of M2S, and M2S is using that to it's advantage. Even if only a fraction of what I've heard is true, it's still favoritism, and favoritism has no place in a competitive game of this nature.

Have fun with your 500 subscribers, 75% of which are probably alts. I'll be having fun in EVE. EVE may be horribly unbalanced, full of blobbing, and extremely boring at times. But I don't have to pay to play EVE. And the developers there seem to have a bit more of a clue than the developers here, even if it is only a little bit more of a clue. If I want to play a verbatim EVE clone, I may as well just play EVE, right? Be innovative for once. Clones don't succeed in this niche.

PS: Who wants to take bets this post will get moderated before the issue with my character gets fixed?

Re: Why I won't be subscribing.

Man this is one badly informed guy..... you obviously never been on IRC to see the kinda venomous words ive been using to describe our devs.

+1 for an illinformed cretan leaving the game! \o/ big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Ah the smell of propaganda big_smile I'm lovin' it

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Raises some valid concerns.  I also have been feeling uneasy with the degree of leverage I have over the devs but you know what we say: if you can't beat them, patch them.

+1
-Confucius

5 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2012-07-03 16:54:47)

obvious propaganda.. lots of info in there that a noob will not have after a few days... but nicely packed to look like it.

i always laugh when cir blames the devs that they favor m2s, and i laugh again when m2s blames the devs to favor cir... happens all the time in periodic intervals. some things never change.

6 (edited by Ching Chong 2012-07-03 18:04:55)

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

obvious propaganda.. lots of info in there that a noob will not have after a few days... but nicely packed to look like it.

i always laugh when cir blames the devs that they favor m2s, and i laugh again when m2s blames the devs to favor cir... happens all the time in periodic intervals. some things never change.

Believe it or not this is info that a noob can easily get. FYI CIR asked me to join their corp and I declined, because they seem too much like Goonswarm to me, which I despise.

*edit: 14. Do not openly discuss actions taken by the forum moderators or correspondence with GMs or DEVs. - DEV Zoom

Imagine that. Moderated before the problem was fixed or the ticket responded to.

7 (edited by Ville 2012-07-04 00:28:09)

I don't like Gold Text.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

*edit: Your previous comment was removed for the very same reason:
14. Do not openly discuss actions taken by the forum moderators or correspondence with GMs or DEVs. - DEV Zoom

Support ticket still pending yet you can moderate the forums when it comes to damage control.

Ching Chong wrote:

Support ticket still pending yet you can moderate the forums when it comes to damage control.

I'm sure you understand I'm not the only dev, and I'm not the one dealing with the support tickets.

He was demoted to forum clicker as he sits in his remote location far from the office.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

11 (edited by Ching Chong 2012-07-03 22:54:54)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ching Chong wrote:

I'm sure you understand I'm not the only dev, and I'm not the one dealing with the support tickets.

You aren't the only dev and you aren't the one dealing with support tickets. Yet I've heard tale of support tickets taking over two weeks to respond to. Maybe if the support ticket turnaround time is so bad, and devs have the time to moderate the forums, they should be taking the time to handle support tickets as well? I'm sure being a dev you wouldn't have to go through any special training to do such a thing, and are most likely one of the best candidates for that job. Just be honest and tell us that damage control is a higher priority than fixing problems.

A few days and you spill all that ***?

roll

Sparking to other games

"I dont have to pay to play EvE"

Kinda sums everything up.
And I cant be assed to quote and edit your post to highlight that.