Re: Duping bots is awesome for the game

This bug is a travesty and effectively kills all pvp -- serverwide, esp as we dont know what causes it and it apparently can happen any time. After the bug was confirmed for both sides, we had some pvp fun with AIG last night. It wasnt nice, but this bug needed to get fixed asap, which the increased attention hopefully achieved. That seth i had needs to die. I tried suiciding it into npcs after unequipping/requipping, but no avail. It's ridiculous.

In b4 Syndic's spin!

28 (edited by Weedy 2012-07-02 12:56:03)

mqx wrote:

This bug is a travesty and effectively kills all pvp -- serverwide, esp as we dont know what causes it and it apparently can happen any time. After the bug was confirmed for both sides, we had some pvp fun with AIG last night. It wasnt nice, but this bug needed to get fixed asap, which the increased attention hopefully achieved. That seth i had needs to die. I tried suiciding it into npcs after unequipping/requipping, but no avail. It's ridiculous.

Damn sure it was nice. For you.

Please don't forget to reimburse the bots lost for any party who suffered from other players' abusive behaviour.

Can I actually also use those mechanics to have fun? Pweez? big_smile

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

29 (edited by Crepitus 2012-07-02 13:04:31)

Burial wrote:

I personally hate when people abuse trial accounts and use them just to grief others or gain unfair advantages. How about you?

I hate when you use Skype to get the DEVs to do anything you want like nerf harmless arkhes and put up half price building blocks that are pre-made on the market to make it easier for you.

The last 2 patches seem to have been the direct result of M2S interference.  If that's not the case then the DEVs need to stop, but then they have never been able to stay out of politics.

I read all of Styx's Skype logs with various AC developers that he posted when he got banned.  I pray that those reflect a younger, naive AC and that they know better than to be so easily manipulated now. 

Nothing could keep this game in it's current state or shut it down altogether faster than the general public knowing how much influence certain people and corporations have over the development of the game; not to mention that the DEVs used to pick sides and actively fight in intrusions, who knows if they still do.

And, totally off (on?) topic, I reported magical respawnable phoenix bots over a year ago with my baphomet that would would respawn in ICSA after dying with its cargo and everything you just couldn't move anything around on the bot (iirc).  I even demonstrated it personally to a DEV at the time.  That baph is still sitting in ICSA.  Regression is a ***.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be patch to fix this back then hence my mention of regression.  I've not seen a bot glitch like that since that baph.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Line wrote:

Perpetuum was released 2 years ago, we're not in Beta anymore. When someone can undock the same arkhes 8-9 time, thats intentionally exploiting a bug. Who mined for those bots? Who produced them? Who sold them on the market? Nobody.

Developers are gonna have to look over every single robot loss for the last month and determine if it was exploited in the same way. It's easy to PVP when you know you're losing nothing and your opponent is losing something.

This is a violation of the EULA. Punish it accordingly please.

You're comparing apples and chihuahua's here.  Way to grasp at those straws though, you should be careful, you could pull your arm out of the socket reaching that far.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
Line wrote:

Perpetuum was released 2 years ago, we're not in Beta anymore. When someone can undock the same arkhes 8-9 time, thats intentionally exploiting a bug. Who mined for those bots? Who produced them? Who sold them on the market? Nobody.

Developers are gonna have to look over every single robot loss for the last month and determine if it was exploited in the same way. It's easy to PVP when you know you're losing nothing and your opponent is losing something.

You're comparing apples and chihuahua's here.  Way to grasp at those straws though, you should be careful, you could pull your arm out of the socket reaching that far.

Yes, thats exactly what I'm talking about. In your case it's just nothing, phew, who cares, those are a bots anyway, don't they? And they do have slots for guns, no matter if it's "Service" in it's description. Oh, and they're free! Oh, and we can create a trial account! So let's go kill some probes for free, thats all fun and game...Nooo, everything is ok there. How much damage you said you caused? 100 mil? more? Let's take it as 100 mil. So those are 100mil of damage made for free - no assets were used, no perp-kill rating dropped - win-win, thats all good and suits you, noone to punish here.

tl;dr: Exploit suits you - acceptable game mechanic. Exploit don't suits you - BAN TEH CHITAZ!!

As far as you started insults here, I'm right cuz you have no valid argument anymore. So since no action was taken towards you - who have a batphone to the DEVs?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

You really have a grudge, don't you? roll

It's now not apples and chihuahua's now, but apples and anti-matter - can't find anything more far away from apples.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

You really have a grudge, don't you? roll

It's now not apples and chihuahua's now, but apples and anti-matter - can't find anything more far away from apples.

Go tell us right here, mr. Norrdec - why you used trial accounts and arkhes instead of main characters and light bots?

Line wrote:

Yes, thats exactly what I'm talking about. In your case it's just nothing, phew, who cares, those are a bots anyway, don't they? And they do have slots for guns, no matter if it's "Service" in it's description. Oh, and they're free! Oh, and we can create a trial account! So let's go kill some probes for free, thats all fun and game...Nooo, everything is ok there. How much damage you said you caused? 100 mil? more? Let's take it as 100 mil. So those are 100mil of damage made for free - no assets were used, no perp-kill rating dropped - win-win, thats all good and suits you, noone to punish here.

tl;dr: Exploit suits you - acceptable game mechanic. Exploit don't suits you - BAN TEH CHITAZ!!

As far as you started insults here, I'm right cuz you have no valid argument anymore. So since no action was taken towards you - who have a batphone to the DEVs?

Interzones cost money. Standard TP's cost money. We gave you free kills (not that it helped, we still killed almost double of you).

Knowingly undocking with a duped bot and trying to take a SAP 8-9 times in a row is a whole different can of worms.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:
Line wrote:

Interzones cost money. Standard TP's cost money. We gave you free kills (not that it helped, we still killed almost double of you).

Knowingly undocking with a duped bot and trying to take a SAP 8-9 times in a row is a whole different can of worms.

Worms are worms regardless of what can are they in, don't they? But you didn't answered the question - why arkhes and trials instead of mains and lights?

36 (edited by Ville 2012-07-02 13:51:48)

Line wrote:
Crepitus wrote:
Line wrote:

Yes, thats exactly what I'm talking about. In your case it's just nothing, phew, who cares, those are a bots anyway, don't they?
A Player still had to wait 10 mins for the bot.
And they do have slots for guns, no matter if it's "Service" in it's description.
I've killed people in termis's before...
Oh, and they're free!
still had to wait 10 mins and bought ammo
Oh, and we can create a trial account!
Just like anyone else (no advantage over any other players)
So let's go kill some probes for free, thats all fun and game...Nooo, everything is ok there.
The Best week I have personally experienced in perpetuum to-date as a matter of fact.
How much damage you said you caused? 100 mil? more? Let's take it as 100 mil.
250 Million and counting there was a post, do keep up.
So those are 100mil of damage made for free - no assets were used
I still had to wait 10 mins and had to walk all the way there from the alpha terminal
no perp-kill rating dropped
Wrong, ICS-DI and ASI-DI both dropped while M2S padded there pathetic stats to make it seem like more then one corp out there pvping
- win-win, thats all good and suits you,
Except for the arkhe nerf on Beta
noone to punish here.
Because noone exploited ^^
QQ MOAR!!

Styx had amazing production skills right?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Line wrote:

Worms are worms regardless of what can are they in, don't they? But you didn't answered the question - why arkhes and trials instead of mains and lights?

Trials on arkhes blowing up proximity probes dropped on gates cost money. Interzones cost money, teleports cost money. Free kills were given out. No worms in that can, only someone thinking out of the box for epic drama. No arkhes were duped, each and every one was aquired through legitimate in-game means.

Knowingly undocking with a duped bot and trying to take a SAP 8-9 times in a row in a game with full loot system is a whole different can of worms.

Keep on trolling and trying to make it our fault you guys only get brave when you dupe some bots and fight an alpha mining corporation. roll

CIR Complaint Form

Ville wrote:

Yes, thats exactly what I'm talking about. In your case it's just nothing, phew, who cares, those are a bots anyway, don't they?
A Player still had to wait 10 mins for the bot.
And here we go, trials who got the arkhe for free

And they do have slots for guns, no matter if it's "Service" in it's description.
I've killed people in termis's before...
termis is more supposed to do kills than an arkhe

Oh, and they're free!
still had to wait 10 mins and bought ammo
ohhai again trials! also - what't the NIC value of 10 min of trial agent?

Oh, and we can create a trial account!
Just like anyone else (no advantage over any other players)
if anyone else will shoot himself - you will do that too?

So let's go kill some probes for free, thats all fun and game...Nooo, everything is ok there.
The Best week I have personally experienced in perpetuum to-date as a matter of fact.
knowning that you're exploiting makes it even more exciting, don't it?

How much damage you said you caused? 100 mil? more? Let's take it as 100 mil.
250 Million and counting there was a post, do keep up.
thanks, that helps me to bring my point

So those are 100mil of damage made for free - no assets were used
I still had to wait 10 mins and had to walk all the way there from the alpha terminal
OH GOD thats really hard and costs you

no perp-kill rating dropped
Wrong, ICS-DI and ASI-DI both dropped while M2S padded there pathetic stats to make it seem like more then one corp out there pvping
you're not in any of those corp

- win-win, thats all good and suits you,
Except for the arkhe nerf on Beta
what a victim for you

noone to punish here.
Because noone exploited ^^
prolly ^^

QQ MOAR!!
didn't even started

Styx had amazing production skills right?
In case you've didn't realised it yet, Styx got banned a long time ago, stop kicking the corpse

And again no answer to the question - why?

My arkhe Jihadist was not a trial, I spent 2800 EP on him.  Your point has been destroyed.  Better luck next time troll. yarr

Line wrote:

I've reviewed fraps footage and you didn't drop a loot can at Novaya. That means you duped a bot. Why?

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:
Line wrote:

Trials on arkhes blowing up proximity probes dropped on gates cost money. Interzones cost money, teleports cost money. Free kills were given out. No worms in that can, only someone thinking out of the box for epic drama. No arkhes were duped, each and every one was aquired through legitimate in-game means.

Knowingly undocking with a duped bot and trying to take a SAP 8-9 times in a row in a game with full loot system is a whole different can of worms.

Keep on trolling and trying to make it our fault you guys only get brave when you dupe some bots and fight an alpha mining corporation. roll

Wait, what? they were fighting for SAP...on ALPHA?

But back to your answer - trial arkhes cost NOTHING - every trial gets his very own free arkhe with free ammo and free fit. Even if you've used 4-5 interzones - thats still lesser than 10 mil vs 250 you've stated here. And I'm not talking about those endless arkhes dieing and respawning on Shinjalar - for sure each of them got used interzone right to Theodoma lol

So worms are HERE, they just not that thick, do you agree?

Syndic wrote:
Line wrote:

I've reviewed fraps footage and you didn't drop a loot can at Novaya. That means you duped a bot. Why?

Prooves or you know what to do lol

Line, your angry about a few arkhe's roaming the island where you live is both sad and funny at the same time. You complain that these arkhe's was blowing up stuff on an island, begs to question why you didnt undock and kill them in your mech ? which also begs to question why your so affraid of these arkhes ?  So lets say a small corp just got into the game,  all jumps in arkhes to get some pvp training and they get to the island where you live, you will dock immidiately when you see them ? Even with your mk2 T4 fitted mechs ?

As said, this is another ballgame. Directly cheating by duping robots to win the tide and doing it to win the tide.  That should be reported. Just like when M2S, or rather Mr. Styx did.   We all know well how that went with the game.  Dont want to have history to repeat itself.

Line wrote:

The fraps was posted on pravadas page by vlad, I just watched it. So how do you respond to the fact that you benefited from this bug?

CIR Complaint Form

Line wrote:
Syndic wrote:
Line wrote:

I sure hope your not duping Mr. Line.  You should know by know, we record everything these days.

Admiral Snackbar wrote:

Line, your angry about a few arkhe's roaming the island where you live is both sad and funny at the same time. You complain that these arkhe's was blowing up stuff on an island, begs to question why you didnt undock and kill them in your mech ? which also begs to question why your so affraid of these arkhes ?  So lets say a small corp just got into the game,  all jumps in arkhes to get some pvp training and they get to the island where you live, you will dock immidiately when you see them ? Even with your mk2 T4 fitted mechs ?

As said, this is another ballgame. Directly cheating by duping robots to win the tide and doing it to win the tide.  That should be reported. Just like when M2S, or rather Mr. Styx did.   We all know well how that went with the game.  Dont want to have history to repeat itself.

AIC did killed those STC many times, so why are the...no wait. why are YOU so upset? They had their fun. They undocked with all the bot classes. They prolly were brave and not scarry...Oh what's all your post about again sorry?

We just call liars and cheats like we see them.  cool

Syndic wrote:
Line wrote:

The fraps was posted on pravadas page by vlad, I just watched it. So how do you respond to the fact that you benefited from this bug?

No, mr. Syndic, your words about something somewhere aren't proove. Bring that videofragment here, noone gonna watch the whole video here.

Oh and yes, that videofragment should PROVE your words, that's it.

Ville wrote:

We just call liars and cheats like we see them.  cool

How do you see and call Syndic, srsly?

50 (edited by Syndic 2012-07-02 14:21:58)

Line wrote:

AIC did killed those STC many times, so why are the...no wait. why are YOU so upset? They had their fun. They undocked with all the bot classes. They prolly were brave and not scarry...Oh what's all your post about again sorry?

We're upset because instead of mining, buying and producing those bots like INTENDED in this FULL LOOT GAME they just duped them.

Learn to read.

CIR Complaint Form